Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVPP Course
Hi All

Has anyone completed or is attending a CAFCASS court ordered DVPP Course?

Did the course help in court with child contact?
Does anyone have any feedback on the course at all.... !!  I have searched the forum and not found any answers.

Bit of background.

My son is half way through the course and has a directions hearing coming up in July.  The course management will submit a report to the court.
It is a 6 month course.
At present he has indirect contact with his child and sends cards monthly.  He has never had a reply or telephone call from his child.
He has had NO Contact at all for 20 months.
His child is 6 years old and lives with his ex partner and her new boyfriend.
My Son has had Fact Finding and S7.   All allegations were found to be true (abuse, violence, controlling) hence the DVPP.   My son had to agree/accept the findings to get on the course and to hopefully move things forward.  if you do not accept the findings you will not be allowed on the course.

Any feedback would be appreicated.
NK
The course should help with contact once completed. I wouldn't expect much at directions hearing though. Just got to keep doing what you been doing. Once course is completed you should be able to get supervised access and start building contact up from there. It may be that this will be the hearing after directions hearing but you never know until on the day .
Whats the course name and how long is it?
(06-19-2019, 10:28 PM)ashkhan Wrote: Whats the course name and how long is it?

It is called Building Better Relationships or Domestic Violence Perpetrator Program
The course is approx 6 months.

(06-17-2019, 07:11 PM), warwickshire1 Wrote: The course should help with contact once completed. I wouldn't expect much at directions hearing though. Just got to keep doing what you been doing. Once course is completed you should be able to get supervised access and start building contact up from there. It may be that this will be the hearing after directions hearing but you never know until on the day .

I was hoping with a good report from the course manager, as he has been really positive (but I suppose that is his job to be positive) would work some magic in my sons favour regarding some form sort of contact. 
My son is going to be really disheartened if this hearing is just a tick box in the process.
I really don't know if he can keep this up for much longer - as his son calls his EX partner Daddy and doesn't remember my son at all..  which is really heartbreaking.

How do you explain to a 5 year old that he has been told lies, that guy is not your dad - you have a dad who loves you so much and misses you every day.
The longer it goes on the further away my son seems to get from his child.

NK
I am in a same situation like your son. I am doing the same course BBR. 25% done so let's see.

It's true nothing happens at direction hearings but as you have mentioned, get a report from the course provider and I am sure it will be somewhat of help and DON'T FORGET TO ASK FOR INTERIM CONTACT while he is doing the course till full hearing. always worth it, however doesn't look like he would get it as CAFCASS need to have section 7 report/ post BBR course assessment.
I had a chat with CAFCASS guy at my last hearing and he told me that once I finish the course, apply for contact and then the court will instruct CAFCASS again for recommendations and it will take about 3 months for CAFCASS to submit their recommendations evaluating your BBR course and interview/meetings with you.
It is also good idea the full hearing dates are after the course finish date to save the argument.

Make sure you instruct the solicitor to press for at-least interim contact till the full hearing and get an agreement/court order at the directional hearing that the BBR course is an acceptable course and if any mental assessments are needed.

I have written order stating completing BBR course and a mental health assessment from MIND as I was feeling suicidal after the breakup as per social services report 3 years ago. lol.
When you complete the course how long left
(07-04-2019, 01:45 AM)samim1919 Wrote: When you complete the course how long left

My son is half way so another 2 modules.
What happened after the course any update?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cafcass not fund the DVPP course samim1919 0 859 11-28-2018, 11:08 PM
Last Post: samim1919