Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying for a child abroad
I have a question for a friend of mine

He has a private agreement to pay £100pm for his son who lives abroad with the mother. He also has a direct pay case with the CMS here in the UK where he pays £200pm for his 2 kids here in the UK. Should the private agreement be taken in to consideration in his CMS calculation?

Thanks
(06-29-2019, 12:08 PM)sandman Wrote: I have a question for a friend of mine

He has a private agreement to pay £100pm for his son who lives abroad with the mother. He also has a direct pay case with the CMS here in the UK where he pays £200pm for his 2 kids here in the UK. Should the private agreement be taken in to consideration in his CMS calculation?

Thanks

As long as he can evidance its a child support payment, then yes, it should be considered in a CMS case.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
What evidence would be accepted? All he has is bank statements showing the money go out to hers.

Thanks
(07-01-2019, 01:32 PM)sandman Wrote: What evidence would be accepted? All he has is bank statements showing the money go out to hers.

Thanks

As long as the reference on the payments on the bank state something like "child maintenance" then i would say that would be fine

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  paying maintenance whilst child is in my care, how do i stop this? leejohnryan1979 5 4,251 03-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Paying Mortgage and Child Support StephenG 1 2,162 10-19-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Paying bills and child maintenance Cjam33 2 3,211 08-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: michaelfl