Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School transport
Can this be for real?  According to my ex, there is no option for a child to be collected from school by private car and they must either travel by school bus or walk.  She is claiming this is the case for the two induction days later this month.  Although I assume she didn't inform the school that son has two homes and bus is only provided to one of them.  But no doubt she will claim the same thing ongoing next term.

I cannot believe that any school would say no children are to be taken to and from school by private car!  If anyone knows differently, please let me know.

Neither is it possible for son to be returned home on the last night by bus when school transport is not available to my home because ex has that prerogative.  It is in the court order that I facilitate his transport to and from school when he is in my care - and he lives with both parents.
Cheers. Don't really want to start involving the new school in disagreements at this stage. I have replied saying he is in my care on the second induction day and I will collect him from school and let the school now. All gone quiet so she is probably going over the court order with a fine tooth comb to see if she can claim my care time doesn't start till later (difficult as it says "from school finish time" so if he's finished at school, he's in my care). And no doubt she will call the school first thing tomorrow morning and tell them I want to collect son and they mustn't allow this and he must go on the bus. But she is also probably thinking about the fact that she was lambasted in court recently for doing that and it would be a breach.

She will probably email the school and say that I am threatening her with court for breaching the order if son goes on the school bus and ask them to contact me to say he must go on the school bus.

Hey ho - another school who will dread son being there and his Mum making constant drama.
Charlie your ex is talking complete and utter nonsense . She lost in court other day and is angry and making ridiculous statements. I would visit school and speak to head teacher 2moro about all of this and take court order with you .

Or at very least arrange appointment . On your days you should be picking son up and not your ex

Also invite new school to contact old school for a chat as well regarding contact issues
Cheers. Thing is if I email/contact school and ask for such info, and ex is also contacting them blah di blahing then it does immediately create a situation where they can see parental conflict over stuff.

The school do have a copy of the court order. Problem is I wasn't at the parent induction evening. She was. Should have gone and spoken to the Head then and there but decided to miss it rather than have son in the position of being there with his Mum and Stepdad and being required to ignore me all night! Should have gone but was being bombarded with legal stuff that week. I had contacted them and said I wouldn't be able to go and asked them to send the info on.

Yes I guess I will just have to email and explain that as son has two homes and I will be collecting him directly from school from September, that it would help his transition if I could collect him on the last induction day so he is familiar with where I collect him from. And that it is court ordered that I facilitate his collection to and from school directly, on the days he is in my care.

Might wait to see what ex does first though. If she tells them not to let him come it's more evidence!
Sometimes it’s better to go into the school itself and raise the issues face to face rather than sending emails as they sometimes don’t come across well. At least you can have a face to face discussion and calmly inform them what’s happening.
(06-30-2019, 08:17 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Can this be for real?  According to my ex, there is no option for a child to be collected from school by private car and they must either travel by school bus or walk.  She is claiming this is the case for the two induction days later this month.  Although I assume she didn't inform the school that son has two homes and bus is only provided to one of them.  But no doubt she will claim the same thing ongoing next term.

I cannot believe that any school would say no children are to be taken to and from school by private car!  If anyone knows differently, please let me know.

Neither is it possible for son to be returned home on the last night by bus when school transport is not available to my home because ex has that prerogative.  It is in the court order that I facilitate his transport to and from school when he is in my care - and he lives with both parents.

I have sort of the same situation.

In 2001 I was living 100 yards from the school, and back then all the parents used to park on the road. Once I was indicating right, to park in a space outside my house, when the car coming up just stopped in it, so I left my car blocking the whole street.

Anyway, I live in the next village now, and my daughter goes to that school. What they want to do, is for people to park 5 min away what involves walking up a step hill, and have set up an exclusion zone. However, the legal advise I have sort says that they have no juristriction on this, as long as I oberve The Road Traffic Act, and any Local Authroity imposed parking regulations, where they also have a traffic management order.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(07-01-2019, 06:55 AM)MarkR Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 08:17 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Can this be for real?  According to my ex, there is no option for a child to be collected from school by private car and they must either travel by school bus or walk.  She is claiming this is the case for the two induction days later this month.  Although I assume she didn't inform the school that son has two homes and bus is only provided to one of them.  But no doubt she will claim the same thing ongoing next term.

I have sort of the same situation.

In 2001 I was living 100 yards from the school, and back then all the parents used to park on the road. Once I was indicating right, to park in a space outside my house, when the car coming up just stopped in it, so I left my car blocking the whole street.

Anyway, I live in the next village now, and my daughter goes to that school. What they want to do, is for people to park 5 min away what involves walking up a step hill, and have set up an exclusion zone. However, the legal advise I have sort says that they have no juristriction on this, as long as I oberve The Road Traffic Act, and any Local Authroity imposed parking regulations, where they also have a traffic management order.
Ah - so you're saying the school do discourage parents picking up by car then?  Interesting.  I did send the school a copy of the court order with an accompanying letter saying that I collect son on the days he is with me, as per the court order.

Hope I'm not going to have trouble with the school backing up my ex and her wish for him to take the bus every day. Surely no-one can stop you collecting your child from school? I guess there is the whole "independence" argument. But son has TWO homes and transport only goes to one of them. Apart from anything else, ex isn't suggesting I collect him from the bus stop in her village - she is saying he goes home to her from there and I collect him from her house - she can get stuffed. It's court ordered I collect him from school.

I am sure there must be loads of kids who don't live far enough away to be eligible for bus, but too far away to walk - who have a parent collecting them.
So basically - if there is a court order that says I facilitate son's transport from the time he finishes school on certain days, surely a school would be obliged to allow this?!
Your ex is trying it on yet again. School probably never said anything she has told you. Best to go in school and see head teacher for a chat. . She needs to seriously stop been so silly doesn't she.
Yep you're right - she hasn't told them son is in my care that night I am guessing - her view is - he's been given a bus pass for those two days so she's using it! Hopefully my polite email to her saying transition is for both homes and both parents and he's in my care on the Friday - will help her see she would be in breach if she says he has to go on the bus to her house that night!

I did write to the school back in May - with a copy of the court order (they asked for copies of any court orders) and explained I would be picking son up on certain nights and he'd be using the bus when going to his Mothers. Although actually - I didn't get any reply!

Also ex has been quite "in" with this school for 2 or 3 years it seems - sending son to all these summer schools I didn't know about and getting to know all the staff so she has probably already started a smear campaign! Think I have a tough job on my hands now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  School Head Teacher is biased toward mother as she works in the same school Dadof2 1 2,628 12-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Shared Transport Arrangements JackDempsey 2 2,099 12-13-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: JackDempsey