Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handover Book
(07-07-2019, 11:28 PM)SeanS Wrote: I was suggested by Cafcass to start using a ‘handover book’ to pass info between separated parents to make notes that is relevant to the other parent at the time of handover. Although I heard about it for the first time, I feel it is a good idea, especially in my case as children are young, to record things like what they ate, nappy change time etc.

Question - has anyone done or used that handover book ? If yes any advice which book to use and whether a single copy of the book is used ?

Cafcass also suggested that sometimes the handover book can be useful at the court as well if anyone needed to refer back to the book.

Thanks

Hi SeanS

I picked up the kids on friday and was given a handover book for the first time.  I asked if I was no longer allowed to even speak to my ex when we exchange the children and was told no, put any questions in this book.   It is utterly ridiculous and has alientated us even further.  We are 42 years old, were together for 14 1/2 years and should be able to have a civil conversation as adults about our children.  

She claims her key worker has suggested this book and my ex feels it's a great idea. 

I guess I'll have to just put up with it and been forced into a zero contact environment which I don't think is healthy at all.  Not that I have much to say to her anyway!!!
I actually saw the Handover Book as a relief as I put in the items which my ex did as well during contact
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I got one from Amazon called a handover book for my son. It wasn't cheap £20 but it has lots of pages and ideas of what is required which took out the guess work for my son. At first his ex said she didn't know what to put in it (eyes rolling) - it has pages for a bedtime routine, doctors details, food the child likes etc so this was just a stalling tactic. Then she said it was agreed that the book stayed with her, my son couldn't bring it home, not sure who agreed this but contact centre trying to clarify. It is very difficult for my son to read any of what she has put at the time of his contact in a centre. His contact has only just begun after a 5 month gap in a contact centre. Time will tell if it is of any use. Now that contact is twice a week we see no reason for her not to handover the book and let him browse at his leisure and he can return it to her in a few days. As my son and ex can't talk at present without her taking control I think my son sees it as a relief as well.
Why dont you take pictures of the writing in the book? Its what I did as my ex insisted on keeping the book
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mend the marriage- brad Browning book ? W_Wonka 1 1,246 11-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: scottb