Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child abduction
I’ll keep it brief - my ex has taken my child abroad without my consent and defied the court order (I was actually meant to take my daughter away at the same time but couldn’t get into court due to costs). I am angry and haven’t heard from my daughter in over a week - I know what country she is in but don’t know where exactly and also don’t know what airport she has flown from and when she is due back. Is there anything I can do about this in terms or border control so she is questioned on the way back from her holiday? I’ve read what she has done is child abduction. Would appreciate thoughts.

Thank you
Sorry to hear it. Does she have a same surname as your ex? Your ex is usually need your writen consent before taking your daughter abroad. However, if she lives with her mother and there is a child arrangement order in place she can take her abroad up to 28 days but it shouldn’t be during your time with your daughter. I am sure dads with more experience will comment.
Daughter has a double barrelled surname (hers-mine). There is a final court order in place and I should’ve had contact last weekend as a minimum (but also should’ve had a holiday in line with the court order if that makes sense).
Have you emailed or texted your ex to ask for address where your daughter is? If not do so straight away. Keep it brief and polite but stressing the importance and say you wish to speak to your daughter on the phone.

Im no expert others will know better but I think you can apply for an emergency hearing to see if child can be brought back to the UK + prohibited steps so that your ex cannot take your daughter abroad again without your permission.
(07-11-2019, 05:10 PM)Marky207 Wrote: I’ll keep it brief - my ex has taken my child abroad without my consent and defied the court order (I was actually meant to take my daughter away at the same time but couldn’t get into court due to costs). I am angry and haven’t heard from my daughter in over a week - I know what country she is in but don’t know where exactly and also don’t know what airport she has flown from and when she is due back. Is there anything I can do about this in terms or border control so she is questioned on the way back from her holiday? I’ve read what she has done is child abduction. Would appreciate thoughts.

Thank you

I successfully made an application and got prohibition steps order granted from the court few days ago, to bar mother taking children out of the country without father's consent or court order. Our circumstances possibly little different, for ex, in my case ex is a citizen of another country which is not signatory to Hague abduction treaty. However with the knowledge of my research on this topic, if you are confident this is an abduction then you can sound off your local police, who will then be able to trace which airport flown thru, and also issue some kind of warning to the mother about avoiding the repeat of the same. 

If you had the children access order any other order that explicitly prohibits mother removing the children from the country for holiday or anything else WITHOUT other parent's consent, then you should email glasgow caveats who sits within her majesty passport and immigration, the team that specifically deals with this issue.
Yes I think first thing is text or email her and ask her when she is returning. You might look a bit silly if you call the police and she's on a week's holiday, which she's allowed to do but is in breach of the order as she has gone over your ordered holiday dates. So if she replies to the text saying - she is on a week's holiday. I would apply for an urgent prohibited steps order and enforcement at the same time. To get an order saying she can't leave the country without permission again. Even if she does reply saying she's coming back in a week, you should maybe contact the police anyway saying your child is at risk of abduction. And definitely do that if she doesn't reply.

That is just my view though and I think the first thing would be send a text and get a free half hour's legal advice to see what you can do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accused of Abduction C1A nandop 6 2,871 01-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Is it child abduction? Stuey 2 2,106 09-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Stuey