Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
childs passport
Some years ago the ex needed my signature to apply for a childs passport. Now the child is 5 it needs to be renewed, however the ex is going on holiday next month and so I assume she has renewed our childs passport. I cant seemed to find anything online but Im interested in whether one or both parents are named on childs passport? I know there is a section at the back to fill out emergency contact details etc.
Can anyone clarify this? I want to ensure my name is on it in case anything happened.
I can tell you from a mum's POV. I've done both my boys renewal and first passports without any input from their dad. My eldest's dad did his with no input from me.
(07-25-2019, 08:04 AM)Naive Wrote: Some years ago the ex needed my signature to apply for a childs passport. Now the child is 5 it needs to be renewed, however the ex is going on holiday next month and so I assume she has renewed our childs passport. I cant seemed to find anything online but Im interested in whether one or both parents are named on childs passport? I know there is a section at the back to fill out emergency contact details etc.
Can anyone clarify this? I want to ensure my name is on it in case anything happened.

Any person with PR can apply for a passport for the child, but the child can only have 1 per country they are entitled to hold one for.

The law requires someone to have a passport to fly in the UK, even if the destination is also in the UK.

It is illigal to remove a child from the UK without the consent of everyone with PR. The only exception to this, is where a Child Arrangements Order says xxx LIVES WITH xxx, and this give that person the right do take them on holiday for up to 28 days, but not the right to do this in contact time without agreement.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My childs address Robert London 3 3,116 12-15-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Being able to speak to your childs school Simon75 4 5,397 02-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Concerned about childs mental wellbeing Dave73 3 4,651 11-24-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Separated Dads
  Childs forwarding address darrenmk 2 3,985 11-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Last Post: MarkR