Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bundle
So, I had a hearing a few days ago.

As I didn't have a solicitor, I didn't prepare a bundle.

The other side's solicitors asked me for one and I informed them that I was of the view that they were to make one as I didn't have a solicitor. My ex' solicitor replied that they were hired on a fixed fee and expected me to prepare a bundle. I ignored them and didn't make one.

The day of the Hearing, my ex' solicitor provided the judge with a bundle and didn't give me a copy of it.

As the judge only read my position statement (which was light) but didn't read my application (which had all elements and proofs in it) it didn't go exactly my side.

Question : is it allowed for a solicitor to pretend they're not making a bundle, and in the end make one and give it only to the judge and not the other party?
(07-31-2019, 10:28 PM)Alibash Wrote: So, I had a hearing a few days ago.

As I didn't have a solicitor, I didn't prepare a bundle.

The other side's solicitors asked me for one and I informed them that I was of the view that they were to make one as I didn't have a solicitor. My ex' solicitor replied that they were hired on a fixed fee and expected me to prepare a bundle. I ignored them and didn't make one.

The day of the Hearing, my ex' solicitor provided the judge with a bundle and didn't give me a copy of it.

As the judge only read my position statement (which was light) but didn't read my application (which had all elements and proofs in it) it didn't go exactly my side.

Question : is it allowed for a solicitor to pretend they're not making a bundle, and in the end make one and give it only to the judge and not the other party?

No its not, and you need to claimplain to the Law Sociity about it.

Where both sides are represented, the person who does the application has to do it.
Where only 1 is, they have to do it, regardless of how they charge their client.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks MarkR. But do they have an obligation to provide this bundle to the other side?
(07-31-2019, 11:19 PM)Alibash Wrote: Thanks MarkR. But do they have an obligation to provide this bundle to the other side?

Yes, and one for Cafcass/Social Services if they are involved.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.