Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial Split (Consent Order)
Stbx showed me draft consent order for finances. As per my knowledge it sounds ok. 40/60 split in her favour as agreed with an option of buying other party out. But I could not see anything mentioned that she will settle one credit card used for her needs and return deposit used to buy house. As per our mutual agreement 12k should be returned to me from the house of sale before we split it.
I have asked why it's not on the agreement and response was that her solicitor won't put it and I need to ask my solicitors to add in consent. It does not make sense. If her solicitors drafting they definitely can add a line that 12k should be returned to me and the remaining debts should to be covered from the sale of house. Once it's sorted we would split 40/60.

I am pretty sure a line can be added to the agreement, but correct me if I am wrong.

Let me know your thoughts.
(08-13-2019, 06:35 AM)AK2018 Wrote: Stbx showed  me draft consent order for finances. As per my knowledge it sounds ok. 40/60 split in her favour as agreed with an option of buying other party out. But I could not see anything mentioned that she will settle one credit card used for her needs and return deposit used to buy house. As per our mutual agreement 12k should be returned to me from the house of sale before we split it.
I have asked why it's not on the agreement and response was that her solicitor won't put it and I need to ask my solicitors to add in consent. It does not make sense. If her solicitors drafting they definitely can add a line that 12k should be returned to me and the remaining debts should to be covered from the sale of house. Once it's sorted we would split 40/60.

I am pretty sure a line can be added to the agreement, but correct me if I am wrong.

Let me know your thoughts.

I suspect they are chancing it - by omitting, they hope that you won't have the energy and patience to re-add these items. You'd be surprised what ex's do when it comes to money. Mine got her brother to threaten to slit my throat over £1000, when she was the higher earner with way more assets!

I wouldn't engage with her/solicitor with back-forth piece-meal communication. Just ask your solicitor to add these items to the draft financial consent order and then send back to the other party with a firmly worded letter to say that consent order reflects everything agreed by both parties, thus it will be sent for sealing.

Good luck.
To save time sending back and forward agreement for amendments, thought to get it right from the first time, but by the look it is not going to happen.
I don't have solicitor,but may need to use one so he could review once draft copy received.
Just to clarify: I am correct asking to add the above in consent order, and this should be done by her solicitor?
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Child mainteance and consent order expiry cruicky 0 225 07-19-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: cruicky
  Consent Order - CMS 12 month rule JamW 6 1,121 03-29-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: JamW
  Financial Order Help johanadrekirchner 1 490 01-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Last Post: cruicky
  CMS, Consent Order, Child Benefit blah2335 7 2,005 10-22-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: mickeyp
  Financial Order - do you have to go infront of a judge lister 0 358 10-21-2018, 01:57 AM
Last Post: lister
  Consent Order - Maintenance payments and Gap Year Chrishorn 12 2,944 08-14-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Change to a consent order TeamGB 1 824 06-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  Financial Order in place - Ex demanding more money for kids mrthc 2 1,096 06-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: watsa64
  Variation to Financial Order - Court Today Damianriley 1 912 06-13-2018, 09:16 PM
  Financial Order johankirchner1974 2 1,099 05-04-2018, 11:44 AM