Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed for mid week birthday contact
(09-06-2019, 07:40 AM)MikesWife Wrote: My comment was more tongue-in-cheek tbh, wife has a 21yr old and can think of nothing worse than spending his birthday evening with any of his parents when friends are suggesting pub etc.  In fact, both wife's children are now "young adults" and this year neither wanted to come on the family summer holiday - both went on their own with friends this year and made us realise that my eldest is now 14 so we may only have 3 or 4 summer holidays left with my 2 children wanting us all to be together.     Sad

Interesting point though thanks MarkR, I nor my wife realised CAO's end at age 16, I'm sure there are many others that didn't either!   

Havn't heard back from EW re D's birthday so will be there are 6pm, I know some will say why argue the point over 30 mins but our last conversations a couple of weeks ago she did say she wanted to see me and I think she would be more disappointed if I hadn't argued my corner for even 30 mins even if it is just a hug and time for just a Mcflurry each 

Not looking forward to sending over my Xmas dates .. no doubt she will be awkward again!   Sad

My suggestion re Christmas, is one of you have the child from school ending until Boxing Day Lunchtime, when the child goes to the other parent until lunchtime on 2nd Jan. Thats what me and my ex done, alternating it every year.

CAO since 2012 expire on the 16th Birthday, as do any Court Order granting someone PR.

In terms of Child Support, The Welfare Benefit Reform Act 2012 sets out that Child Benefit is the deciding factor on if Child Support needs to be paid.

By default, it will end on 31 Aug after they leave school, unless the Resident Parent applies for the Education Run on. 
It has to be Futher Education (A level standard, not a meaningless course), and not Higher Education like Uni.
It has to be 12 timeatabled hours a week, and the young person can not be working 24 hours or more in term time.

At the latest, Child Support ends after 19th birthday.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I varied my Order so it states our son is with the other parent without care on his birthday minimum 1 hr after school if midweek and minimum 2hrs if on a weekend.
If an order states a child lives with someone it lasts until 18. ie a residence order. There seems to be a lot of disagreement, from what I've read, as to whether a shared care order lasts until 16 or 18. Technically it should be 18 but courts are unlikely to enforce an order after the age of 16 apparently.

For birthdays - I have "special days" in my order. Child spends it with one parent one year and the other parent the next year. So if he happens to be with me on that day anyway, fine. If he is with his Mother he gets an extra day with me on his birthday from 5pm the night before to 9am the day after.

Before I had a defined order I just celebrated his birthday on the nearest day to it so he had two birthdays each year and got used to this.
(09-09-2019, 07:56 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: If an order states a child lives with someone it lasts until 18.  ie a residence order.  There seems to be a lot of disagreement, from what I've read, as to whether a shared care order lasts until 16 or 18.  Technically it should be 18 but courts are unlikely to enforce an order after the age of 16 apparently.

For birthdays - I have "special days" in my order.  Child spends it with one parent one year and the other parent the next year.  So if he happens to be with me on that day anyway, fine.  If he is with his Mother he gets an extra day with me on his birthday from 5pm the night before to 9am the day after.

Before I had a defined order I just celebrated his birthday on the nearest day to it so he had two birthdays each year and got used to this.

To clear this up, on 4th September 2017 following Care Proceedings my 2 children was placed with me on a CAO, what expires on their 16th Birthday.

I was also given PR for a then child that remained with me ex, as well as a contact order, and both of them orders also expired on that persons 16th Birthday.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Cheers Mark. So your two children live with you (residence) with a CAO and it lasts until they're 16 is that right? I know the contact orders end at 16 but thought a residency order was 18?
(09-13-2019, 09:10 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Cheers Mark. So your two children live with you (residence) with a CAO and it lasts until they're 16 is that right?  I know the contact orders end at 16 but thought a residency order was 18?

Yes, the CAO for my 2 who live with me will expire on their 16th Birthday.
The Contact (what my ex had not took up since before New Year due to her not wanting to stick to the terms the court put on it) requiring it to be supervised, will also expire then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help needed - Ex stopped all contact between my son and me. dannym1213 17 13,699 06-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Advice needed re contact and ex who has moved away!! Contact issues 4 5,433 11-09-2017, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Contact Order help needed asap Mikeymike 29 28,926 07-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Last Post: MikesWife
  Help needed - Contact Order being ignored by the Mother sloth 11 16,772 02-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Last Post: sloth
  Advise needed re no telephone contact with my children Mike123 1 4,295 06-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Last Post: MarkR