Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enforcement
Hi all.

A quick question.

Can you only seek enforcement for the most recent order you have or also for an order in the past; I have one order that is now over two years old that directs that I should be notified of travel arrangements for holiday (flights, travel companions etc) which was made by the court in May 2017.

Thanks
I'm no expert but I'd imagine you can only enforce an Order that is in force at the time.

If a new order has replaced another one, then the newest one is binding.

Thats my view anyway?
(09-10-2019, 08:28 PM)Chi21965 Wrote: Hi all.

A quick question.

Can you only seek enforcement for the most recent order you have or also for an order in the past; I have one order that is now over two years old that directs that I should be notified of travel arrangements for holiday (flights, travel companions etc) which was made by the court in May 2017.

Thanks

Depends on the wording of the latest order. If its a variation and only changes some parts the other order is still valid.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks guys.

The specific breaches I want to challenge are in an order from a couple of years ago that have not been changed. Its a direction ordering the ex to let me know if the children are being taken on holiday and where and with whom. I won't be able to file for breach as the cad is next week and so much has happened that I did not have time to file but I think I'll file between this case and the next with this breach and any other new breaches.