Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
accontant for self employed
hello guys. hope ur all getting by. 
need some advice again please.
im self employed. very small income, less than £100 per week/ few customers , which means reduced rate. £30 per month. The CMS are telling me they need an accountants letter to prove my income. Can some self employed lads give some advice please. many thanks
You dont have to do anything , they have to wait until you do tax return . You can offer them the amount by using csm calculator to work out how much it is based on 100 pound a week and pay it direct to ex as csm charge 20 %
I put in an amount at end of july, to cover the period January to July. I didn't know it was going to get hit with the fee. The system wont process it forward cos the system reads NIL rate status . Now fighting for a refund . but besides that, thanks for reply. Will look up tax return now.
I guess the accountant letter is a dead end?
Have you done your self-assessment for last year? This is period from 6 April 2018 to 5 April 2019. If you haven’t filled it you need to do it. Once it’s filled you can get A302 from Tax office which will be enough to confirm your earning. You can also get this from your online portal.
(09-13-2019, 04:00 PM)jamesbond Wrote: hello guys. hope ur all getting by. 
need some advice again please.
im self employed. very small income, less than £100 per week/ few customers , which means reduced rate. £30 per month. The CMS are telling me they need an accountants letter to prove my income. Can some self employed lads give some advice please. many thanks

I am Self Employed, and VAT Registered and do my own accounts.

CMS can not require you to have an accountants letter as under the law you can do them yourself, like what I do.

They can ask you to disclose your Bank Statement, and last Years Self Assesment, but they can get that from HMRC.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
many thanks mark

(09-13-2019, 07:35 PM)Sb1353 Wrote: Have you done your self-assessment for last year? This is period from 6 April 2018 to 5 April 2019. If you haven’t filled it you need to do it. Once it’s filled you can get A302 from Tax office which will be enough to confirm your earning. You can also get this from your online portal.

didn't do that last year. had some temp jobs so HRMC had regular wages and tax code to go off
CSM cant do nothing , pay using csm calculator the amount you should pay into ex account weekly on basis u earn 100 a week . Csm cannot then charge 20% ...and u wont owe arrears as you are paying

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Payments while self employed and off work ill Justonequestion 2 934 07-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  Becoming Self Employed Upcreek 1 1,457 04-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Last Post: MarkR