Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letterbox contact
Has anyone ever been granted letterbox contact only with their kids? I’ve just been granted it and I’m not sure how to even start the letter.

My youngest is 8 and my oldest is 14 and I was seeing them up until ex stopped all contact 2 years ago.

I really don’t know what I’m writing in the letter or how long it should be or how often I should send them.

I don’t even know if the kids will ever receive them but I’ll be making sure they’re sent recorded and a copy kept
(09-15-2019, 08:13 AM)Bluebear Wrote: Has anyone ever been granted letterbox contact only with their kids? I’ve just been granted it and I’m not sure how to even start the letter.

My youngest is 8 and my oldest is 14 and I was seeing them up until ex stopped all contact 2 years ago.

I really don’t know what I’m writing in the letter or how long it should be or how often I should send them.

I don’t even know if the kids will ever receive them but I’ll be making sure they’re sent recorded and a copy kept

My suggestion is send it "Tracked", NOT signed for. That way you know its delivered, as with signed for, the chances are if noone in, noone will got to the sorting office for it.

Note that Court Orders expire on 16th Birthday, so in law it will be up to your oldest child once that happens.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Difficult writing letters at the best of times. I would try to just say you're thinking about them every day and tell them something interesting one of their relatives did (eg gran or something) and refer to something familiar to them - eg you saw ex person the other day who sent good wishes or you saw a new version of their favourite video game was out and hope they're enjoying it. Kind of chatty and just end it love you always.

Royal mail only do first or second class "signed for" or "guaranteed delivery" which is next day and also signed for. Tricky. You could send it normal post and ask for a proof of posting certificate. That way it just goes through the letterbox and you can prove you posted if necessary. I think regardless of whether it's delivered or not your ex could keep the letters back so you won't know whether the kids have got them or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Letterbox Contact gus 7 11,852 08-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Last Post: lonely_papa