Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMS review increase
Been trying to sort my life out, but so far everything just seems to back fire. I been trying to get my own mortgage so I could my ex wife name off the mortgage. So basically I worked my ass off over past 3 months racked up over 200 hours overtime which thought help me get a mortgage. Unfortunately all it done is now put my CMS payments approx up £50 a month. Gutted as I managed to take my kids away on a nice holiday and treated them to new clothes as well.

So I been trying to contact CMS but just can't seem to get through. My youngest has behavior problems so she claims DLA for that, would I been entitle to any reduction since I have look after them too and have lots of issues with my youngest.

I don't get on with my ex and it was only last year I had to get a court order to see them again. Plus I also travel 880 miles to see my children a month as she never meet me any where. My problem now with big increase in maintance I don't see how I will afford it, as it near enough same price as a mortgage, plus traveling I got to do. Now harvest season over I'm back to normal hours again. So I won't be racking in loads of overtime now. I tried calling CMS 10 times now still no joy.
I don't understand how your payments have increased for 3 months work as i was of the opinion the use your yearly P60 ? happy to be proved wrong by others that may know more than me
They do work it out on your annual total salary not basic and divide by 12 to work out your average weekly wage, but that not my average weekly wage I'm no where near what worked out as my average as I just did loads of overtime and a few call outs during harvest period. Then used the money on holiday with my kids and treating the kids and trying to save abit so I can get a mortgage on my own. Last year I was paying court fees to see my children, so just wanted to make most of it.
(09-16-2019, 08:35 PM)civic4 Wrote: Been trying to sort my life out, but so far everything just seems to back fire.  I been trying to get my own mortgage so I could my ex wife name off the mortgage.  So basically I worked my ass off over past 3 months  racked up over 200 hours overtime which thought help me get a mortgage.  Unfortunately all it done is now put my CMS payments approx up £50 a month.  Gutted as I managed to take my kids away on a nice holiday and treated them to new clothes as well.

So I been trying to contact CMS but just can't seem to get through.  My youngest  has behavior problems so she claims DLA for that, would I been entitle to any reduction since I have look after them too and have lots of issues with my youngest.

I don't get on with my ex and it was only last year I had to get a court order to see them again.  Plus I also travel 880 miles to see my children a month as she never meet me any where.  My problem now with big increase in maintance I don't see how I will afford it, as it near enough same price as a mortgage, plus traveling I got to do.  Now harvest season over I'm back to normal hours again.  So I won't be racking in loads of overtime now.  I tried calling CMS 10 times now still no joy.

The deciding factor on this is not your work hours, but your income in your "case year".
Your case gets reviewed every year, but if there is a change of 20% either way (or you go onto out of work benefits), they change it from that point.

Regarding the distance, you should only have £10 a week travel for contact costs, anything above that should be reduced in a CMS case. However, they base this on 9p per mile.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pay increase and spousal support mikec 4 3,699 06-19-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  CMS Review is up Frisbos 2 2,584 12-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Frisbos
  Ex wants to review spouse/child maint - advise please puccino 8 6,753 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Ex Denied Access to children and told CMS to Increase payment to her. Help Please hampine 2 3,303 08-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  to pay or not to pay--- while cms assessment is under review splreece 3 3,684 07-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Hazy