Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School summer hols dates
Hi , just received my order and have a question , when does the summer school holidays actually start , is it classed from the Monday ( this is where it says the term ends on websites) or do they start on the Friday when the school closes ? The normal arrangements stop and I'm a bit confused. Thanks.
(09-25-2019, 06:41 PM)Blackheath Wrote: Hi , just received my order and have a question , when does the summer school holidays actually start , is it classed from the Monday ( this is where it says the term ends on websites)  or do they start on the Friday when the school closes ? The normal arrangements stop and I'm a  bit confused.   Thanks.

You need to check on the Schools Website. The reason for this is that there is 5 Insert Days, but only 3 are set by the Local Authority.

In my case, my dauthers school has the last 2 days of term as them, so they break up before my Son's school does.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
In my order school holidays start at finish time last day of school and end first day school start time inclusive of PD days. If we have a PD outside of summer we just class it as a regular day. For example my son has a PD day end of November which falls on my term time day with him so I get the benefit of him not being at school that day.