Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mediation applied = ex starts causing trouble
So the mediation letter arrived on ex's door last Thursday. On Wednesday I get a letter from school saying my daughter has been admitted to therapy classes by the SENCO. Let me be clear, my child is a very happy, confident child. The ex has put her in this class and according to the letter it can be for reasons such as "a change in family circumstances"
This is a tried and trusted technique and unwarranted, we split 5 years ago when she was a baby, as soon as court is impending she starts claiming child is stressed etc. She's done it every time for years.

Im fuming with the school for not talking to me about it, telling me any potential problems etc. They know I applied for mediation last week and theyre not stupid, they know what shes like.

Just like last time I know the ex will claim in court this extra help is needed because of me attending the school "disruptive". Im not sure how to head this off. Im inclined to ask the school to put in writing exactly why she has been admitted to this class. At least then Ill have it in writing when the ex tries to claim otherwise.

Along with all the other problems she is causing, it seems we are going all the way.
(09-26-2019, 11:36 AM)Naive Wrote: So the mediation letter arrived on ex's door last Thursday. On Wednesday I get a letter from school saying my daughter has been admitted to therapy classes by the SENCO. Let me be clear, my child is a very happy, confident child. The ex has put her in this class and according to the letter it can be for reasons such as "a change in family circumstances"
This is a tried and trusted technique and unwarranted, we split 5 years ago when she was a baby, as soon as court is impending she starts claiming child is stressed etc. She's done it every time for years.

Im fuming with the school for not talking to me about it, telling me any potential problems etc. They know I applied for mediation last week and theyre not stupid, they know what shes like.

Just like last time I know the ex will claim in court this extra help is needed because of me attending the school "disruptive". Im not sure how to head this off. Im inclined to ask the school to put in writing exactly why she has been admitted to this class. At least then Ill have it in writing when the ex tries to claim otherwise.

Along with all the other problems she is causing, it seems we are going all the way.

Assuming you have PR, the school should provide you with a copy of the SEN plan.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks Mark, yeah Ill certainly be asking these things, Ive not had a chance yet the teachers always "in a meeting" to be honest its been good to calm down for a few days but Im going to make an appointment for Monday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on contact once school starts jodenice 59 16,817 07-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Trouble... strider 3 2,895 02-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Last Post: strider
  Trouble and Strife strider 6 4,560 01-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Last Post: strider
  ex causing problems billy 1 2,220 06-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: MarkR