Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed - Ex Wife..??
So my story has been an easy one in comparison to some of the others here.

My 17yo daughter lives with me, my ex has gone to live with the guy she had an affair with, now she is blanking her daughter. She is also blanking me on the very brief amount of contact we had, but for that I'm not bothered, kind of relieved in fact.

I'm just gobsmacked at her ignoring her own daughter though. My dilemma, do I a) get involved and tell my ex wife to put on her big girl pants and get a grip of her self. or b) keep away from the ex wife and just provide emotional support to my daughter.

Its proving to be more and more difficult to be neutral about my ex wife to my daughter...
B) your ex is decided to selfishly discard her daughter and seemingly tie you both with same brush. Basically made her new partner more important . And yes your daughter has her dad for full emotional support ..
Keep out of it and let her get on with it, your ex isn't your problem. Let you daughter draw her on conclusions...
I'd vote B too! Let the ex go and move on with your daughter ... daughter can make her own mind up although keep a eye on her incase she needs counselling etc as that must be pretty hard to comprehend at 17
(10-09-2019, 03:11 PM)MikesWife Wrote: I'd vote B too!  Let the ex go and move on with your daughter ... daughter can make her own mind up although keep a eye on her incase she needs counselling etc as that must be pretty hard to comprehend at 17

Thanks folks - it makes sense for me to keep my distance in so many ways, I'll most likely just aggravate matters...
(10-08-2019, 01:27 PM)Mr Sandman Wrote: So my story has been an easy one in comparison to some of the others here.

My 17yo daughter lives with me, my ex has gone to live with the guy she had an affair with, now she is blanking her daughter. She is also blanking me on the very brief amount of contact we had, but for that I'm not bothered, kind of relieved in fact.

I'm just gobsmacked at her ignoring her own daughter though. My dilemma, do I a) get involved and tell my ex wife to put on her big girl pants and get a grip of her self. or b) keep away from the ex wife and just provide emotional support to my daughter.

Its proving to be more and more difficult to be neutral about my ex wife to my daughter...

Steer clear as your ex has made her choice so option B all the way.  Just be there for your daughter like you have been and she will draw her own conclusions.  Sad to see though as daughters need their mums but she is now 17 and might be different if she was 12.  

Give yourself a pat on the back Sandman, your daughter is lucky to have you. 

Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Divorcing wife due to child cruelty and advice needed knigh7 10 6,123 04-16-2018, 07:26 PM
Last Post: knigh7