Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsure where to post
Hi,

I would like to divorce my wife. However, I want to keep my children with me. Ages 12 (boy) and 6 (girl). 

History of domestic violence in 2015, then in 2017, wife being the perp. 

Whats the best way to handle this so that I can gain custody of my children with them seeing mother on weekends or something, with an arrangement?

Also, there are incidents in the house which no one sees except my children and I. Erratic and irrational behaviour which goes unnoticed by outsiders because she puts on a mask when others are around. I would like to log these for future reference when I apply for divorce. Whats the best way to do this, short of setting up hidden cameras around the house ?

Is keeping a journal any good?

I made the mistake of taking this woman back into my house two years ago because she was faced with homelessness, but I realise the massive mistake I made by doing that!
(10-20-2019, 02:13 PM)restart Wrote: Hi,

I would like to divorce my wife. However, I want to keep my children with me. Ages 12 (boy) and 6 (girl). 

History of domestic violence in 2015, then in 2017, wife being the perp. 

Whats the best way to handle this so that I can gain custody of my children with them seeing mother on weekends or something, with an arrangement?

Also, there are incidents in the house which no one sees except my children and I. Erratic and irrational behaviour which goes unnoticed by outsiders because she puts on a mask when others are around. I would like to log these for future reference when I apply for divorce. Whats the best way to do this, short of setting up hidden cameras around the house ?

Is keeping a journal any good?

I made the mistake of taking this woman back into my house two years ago because she was faced with homelessness, but I realise the massive mistake I made by doing that!

Hi Restart

Sorry to hear of your plight.  I would document every occasion in a journal but think you will need more than this. 

You may have to record her, bodycam etc to get actual evidence if to the outside she is whiter than white.  Sad but if you want custody, you will need to prove she is irrational and erratic rather than just hearsay. 

I wish you well.