Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial separation - income
Hi,

I'm currently going through financial separation through mediation and I have a question regarding income disclosure.

My ex only disclosed her salary with deductions from payroll. But she didn't consider the child maintenance that she receives from me or any benefit (child credit/Child benefit/housing benefits if she receives any).

Should this be mentioned as income as well?

It seems unfair if she's not required to mention this...? Mediation hasn't raised that point, so I'm unsure.
Raise the question, I'd think it should have been declared as income.
She MUST declare all those incomes, be it child maintenance or child benefits and housing benefit/universal credit. My Ex disclosed all of that at the time of disclosure...this is is an important element in the dispute resolution.
(10-21-2019, 10:57 PM)Alibash Wrote: Hi,

I'm currently going through financial separation through mediation and I have a question regarding income disclosure.

My ex only disclosed her salary with deductions from payroll. But she didn't consider the child maintenance that she receives from me or any benefit (child credit/Child benefit/housing benefits if she receives any).

Should this be mentioned as income as well?

It seems unfair if she's not required to mention this...? Mediation hasn't raised that point, so I'm unsure.

Hi Alibash

She absolutely needs to declare this as income.  

As it's all needs based, I created a spreadsheet of her monthly costs (all factual from bank statements over a 6 month period we exchanged at mediation) and included all her income, maintenance from me, child tax credits, working tax credits and child benefit to offset.

If it's money that hits her account on a monthly basis, then it's income. 

Best of luck
Thanks guys.

The form also asks for any item worth over £500:

1- So I assume that jewellery worth over £500 should be mentioned too? This is harder for me to prove that she has some though.

2- Would anyone disclose their iPhones??
For items over £500, go on ebay, look up the 'sold listings' for the items and see what the cheapest the item was sold for in the last year or so. As far as you're concerned, there's what it's worth. You can print off the listings as proof if required.

I had a friend who did this and most of what he thought needed declaring he was allowed to leave off because he could prove it wasn't worth over £500, even when there were some listings that had sold for £500+ there were also some that had sold for less. He used the lowest listing and his solicitor was happy not to have those items included.

Jewellery needs to be mentioned, it would be good to take this to a jewelers and get an 'official' valuation on that.
Well, I was actually referring to my ex not disclosing her jewellery as I know she owns a few pieces worth well over £500. So if she's not disclosing it and if says she doesn't own it, I assume I can't do much about it. It's my word against hers.
I think she also has a new iPhone. I guess no one goes this far though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High income child benefit charge miker_71uk 3 1,605 09-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Last Post: miker_71uk
  Foriegn Income issues JOHNAQ1 2 1,232 09-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Last Post: JOHNAQ1
  Income and profits from self employment? pretzelzzz 9 3,542 07-19-2018, 07:19 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Sharing my income with ex whilst in same house Riverside78 3 1,623 06-29-2018, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  Maintenance on low income 2hanger 18 8,475 03-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Separated Dads
  Financial planning post separation - Wills, property, life assurance etc. Got a plan? Tamagoto 5 2,551 03-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  Confused at CSA making up my income! sammac 13 8,797 10-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Advice on separation financial agreement MPL 4 5,967 06-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: MPL
  CSA - reducing net income daddyshortlegs 6 9,101 04-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Last Post: daddyshortlegs