Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMS giving away salary details
So my ex wife was moaning about CMS payments again and asking what I do with my money. I'm not sure why as it gone up £50 a month. I was shocked when she sent me a copy of pretty much same letter I got with my yearly earnings and my average weekly pay which varies as I do stupid amount of hours in summer. It caused a load more arguments, and she reckons I should still paying more my kids, bear in mind I still have bills and a mortgage to pay for.

Are CMS aloud to do this?
Yes they are.

As i now have my daughter and ex Mrs refused to contribute i had to go CMS route.

I get statement as to how much she earns and the % i get and how it is calculated.
That pretty bad really as just caused a load more hassle, with my psycho ex
She can moan all she likes, you pay what they deem necessary. My EX is money mad but I pay CMS and I provide stuff for my son whilst he's in my care. She knows fine well if she wanted to whinge she'll be told it's none of her business. Take a hard line, it's nothing to do with her what you spend your money on, you provide for your child simple as.
(10-30-2019, 02:09 PM)Astroman Wrote: She can moan all she likes, you pay what they deem necessary. My EX is money mad but I pay CMS and I provide stuff for my son whilst he's in my care. She knows fine well if she wanted to  whinge she'll be told it's none of her business. Take a hard line, it's nothing to do with her what you spend your money on, you provide for your child simple as.

CMS have to show the income amount the claim is based on in the calculation, as the law requires them to evidance how they got to the amount they do.

However, in the same way how under the law, the paying parent has no say in what the money is used for, the other parent has no right to know what the paying parent spends their money on.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Guess no point complaining to CMS then, I don't mind them telling me how they work it out and calculations but when you have a money pinching ex, claiming every benefit under the sun. I just assumed they told her the monthly amount not my total yearly income with overtime and then an average weekly pay. Which my pays only decent during summer months. I probably be better off doing no overtime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Partner Accepted, no details given? mcvities_lover 1 762 09-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  [UPDATED] Final financial settlement details for your viewing pleasure Tamagoto 22 8,453 07-25-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Mr Sandman
  How much salary should I give to my wife whilst together? pretzelzzz 8 3,310 06-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Last Post: pretzelzzz
  Difficulty getting bank details from ex.wife veejay 9 7,436 11-27-2016, 07:14 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Salary sacrifice Stan the man 18 19,430 09-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Stan the man
  Does giving up my home equity mean I should pay less child maintenance in the future? williamc 3 3,395 07-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: MarkR