Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advise as daughter is with me
without to much details daughter is with me has been two yrs by order of the court ive never asked or recieved a penny from her mother
would you be ringing cms  ( think i know answers already) whats your general opinion she has supervised contact at a relatives house twice a week never overnight total around 9 hrs a week ,ive provided everything she has needed ,uniforms ,clothes etc

opinions please
(11-13-2019, 03:30 AM)tdci Wrote: without to much details daughter is with me has been two yrs by order of the court ive never asked or recieved a penny from her mother
would you be ringing cms  ( think i know answers already) whats your general opinion she has supervised contact at a relatives house twice a week never overnight total around 9 hrs a week ,ive provided everything she has needed ,uniforms ,clothes etc

opinions please

What it comes down to is doe she have an income or not?

Entitlement to State Benefits takes into account other houseshold income, but for CMS, its only her income they can base any decision on.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(11-13-2019, 10:09 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 03:30 AM)tdci Wrote: without to much details daughter is with me has been two yrs by order of the court ive never asked or recieved a penny from her mother

opinions please

What it comes down to is doe she have an income or not?

Entitlement to State Benefits takes into account other houseshold income, but for CMS, its only her income they can base any decision on.

yes she works and lives with someone 
Are you getting the child tax credits and other Child benefits etc? If not then you need to apply for them. CMS sometimes looks at it that if a parent is receiving those they don’t pay CM. Only one parent can claim them. If your ex is getting them then that needs sorting.

If you do get the child benefits and have an order to show the kids live with you then it might be worth having an assessment by CMS. But her partner’s income won’t count - only hers. Unless she has a good income it’s likely to only be the basic £7 a week or something. So you need to weigh up if it’s worth rocking the boat over depending on what your ex is like. They can start trying to alienate the kids if they get angry (some anyway).

Might be better to let sleeping dogs lie but if you are struggling with the cost of everything there is always eBay and second hand stuff.
(11-15-2019, 01:12 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Are you getting the child tax credits and other Child benefits etc? If not then you need to apply for them. CMS sometimes looks at it that if a parent is receiving those they don’t pay CM. Only one parent can claim them. If your ex is getting them then that needs sorting.

If you do get the child benefits and have an order to show the kids live with you then it might be worth having an assessment by CMS. But her partner’s income won’t count - only hers. Unless she has a good income it’s likely to only be the basic £7 a week or something. So you need to weigh up if it’s worth rocking the boat over depending on what your ex is like. They can start trying to alienate the kids if they get angry (some anyway).

Might be better to let sleeping dogs lie but if you are struggling with the cost of everything there is always eBay and second hand stuff.

yes i get the working and child tax credits but if child wants eg swimming lessons its hard the woman works in a well known store has a discount card walks through the kids dept to clock in wtf 2 years she been with me not once have i asked or has she offered jack any toy has to stay at relatives she is already trying to  alienate her with questions which makes child sad i asked we have good bond ,mother wouldnt even lend discount card to get childs xmas party clothes even though i was buying she contiunued to claim everythink for 4 months when child had been placed with me sorry bit ott but very true
Unfortunately when you split up things become very bitter. Although you would think it would be common sense to get your children discount when what you are buying is solely for them, from her point of view she sees it as helping you out and saving you money and therefore will point blank refuse. you will be amazed how petty and what lengths ex partners will go to in some cases to frustrate and be unreasonable
(11-16-2019, 08:30 AM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Unfortunately when you split up things become very bitter. Although you would think it would be common sense to get your children discount when what you are buying is solely for them, from her point of view she sees it as helping you out and saving you money and therefore will point blank refuse. you will be amazed how petty and what lengths ex partners will go to in some cases to frustrate and be unreasonable

ive seen it all with her that was two years ago am civil at the door for child but its becoming frustrating when she bombbarding child with questions how about ask how the day has been and how fantastic child doing at school