Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ex wants to move 60 miles away with 3 children
Hello everyone,

My ex has a new partner with whom she has been with for 3 months, and the children (Boy 8, girl 6, boy 4) told me that their mum told them they are moving in with him- the trouble is, he lives 60 miles away- so it will mean them changing schools etc. and it has knocked me for six- she was away for the weekend and was over an hour late back for handover so I said I would take them to mine and she could pick them up from there and she said "if you do that you'll regret it" I now know what she means.

I had already submitted a C100 as mediation failed, and she was not willing to formalise a regular schedule for the children staying with me, her new partner is a CPS DCP so obviously knows the law, and she even said in a text message for me to "send her the case number so he can inform the presiding judge as he will be involved in the case as he's going to be heavily involved in bringing them up" to me this sounded like a massive conflict of interest if he is offering legal counsel (which I understand is against the code of ethics in his role) I find his involvement with the case intimidating to say the least.

Currently, I have the children every other weekend for 2 nights (Fri and Sat) and also every Monday teatime and bathtime, and they also see their Grandparents every Thursday. Holidays and special days are all controlled by her, which is another reason why I wanted to formalise the arrangement in court. If she moves it will be a 1.5hour each way commute- which will all but rule out any opportunity to have the children stay overnight during term time.

Please help with any advice- gratefully received!
At an early stage it looks from what I am reading she is winding you up trying to get a reaction out of you. It also seems like whatever she is texting you is exaggerated and I would be very surprised if he had any involvement in a family court proceeding whatsoever. For starters it wont even be a judge it is highly likely to be 3 magistrates and a legal advisor. Have you seeing it has only been 3 months any evidence of his job or what it entails. For not all you can do is keep a diary/log of everything she does that's wrong and don't engage in any conversation other than contact arrangements.

Also if you made an application to family court your ex would have the case number anyway and he cant offer her legal counsel as I doubt he knows anything about family law as if he does work in the said job they normally expertise in other fields.

Also where your kids have said they are moving at the moment its only your kids that have said it so seems like she doesn't know what she is doing other than been nasty/malicious and not thinking of kids and dragging them into adult issues particularly your 8 year old son who would have some understanding of whats going on.

When you do go to court you definitely want her prevented from moving 60 miles away ( detrimental to 3 children )otherwise you will only have children fri from school until Monday school and half the holidays and also how handovers would work with 2 year old daughter could also represent problems.

Would a man with such expertise according to your ex actually move in a woman and 3 young children in so quickly after only 3 months of been together when she has major issues to contend with yourself
Yes- he is on LinkedIn and the CPS directory- he is a District Crown Prosecutor. Via my ex he is asking for the details of the case, the judges name and my solicitors details- which is all very intimidating. I have mapped it out on google and it is 60 miles (just over an hour away) all her family are here where she lives now, and, so are all my family and of course me. I know his name and the place he lives etc. But it is the thought of them being uprooted and moved to a new school etc. And also the fact that it will limit the amount of time they see me.

The 8yo boy said he is upset but he wants to, and all I can do is try my best not to let my true feelings on the subject show. My 6 year old little girl was really tearful saying she doesn't want to leave daddy, it's heartbreaking.
Given the impact on the kids of moving away that you’ve detailed, I suggest formally applying for a Prohibited Steps Order to see if the court will consider stopping her move. If your case hasn’t been heard yet, you might be able to vary the existing C100 application to include this, or if not submit an additional one for it – contact the court for advice on this.

Try and ignore the transparent attempts at intimidation from your ex for the case number and solicitors details because her new bloke supposedly wants it – this will all be laid out in the C100 which she will have been notified about and she can find it all there. Keep any contact with her relating to the case as formal and brief as you can.
(11-26-2019, 04:29 PM)takethemike Wrote: Yes- he is on LinkedIn and the CPS directory- he is a District Crown Prosecutor. Via my ex he is asking for the details of the case, the judges name and my solicitors details- which is all very intimidating. I have mapped it out on google and it is 60 miles (just over an hour away) all her family are here where she lives now, and, so are all my family and of course me. I know his name and the place he lives etc. But it is the thought of them being uprooted and moved to a new school etc. And also the fact that it will limit the amount of time they see me.

The 8yo boy said he is upset but he wants  to, and all I can do is try my best not to let my true feelings on the subject show. My 6 year old little girl was really tearful saying she doesn't want to leave daddy, it's heartbreaking.

This sounds like ex- bullshit.  If a crown prosecutor was found to be doing this, they would lose their job for breaching professional standards.  Either she's doing this without his knowledge, or he to lose his job.  Honestly, I'd call her bluff by saying that you're concerned about a conflict of interest, and you would be forwarding all texts about his involvement to the Chief Crown Prosecutor for his area.  That should shut her up. Then actually do it if she carries on.

Anyway, as others have said, crown prosecutor is criminal law. Family law is a totally different court system and set of law.  It's like saying the plumber will come and fix your electrics.
I would complain to the court about the District Crown Prosecutor on this one
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My ex is planning to move with my children Secret-squirrel100 1 1,128 02-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Ex partner threatening to move 300 miles away with the kids Elwood Blues 6 5,428 05-03-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Frisbos
  we live 100 miles apart. i drive she dont. mediation michael3353 1 1,938 09-28-2016, 07:23 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Ex-Wife has taken daughter from home (by proxy) and moved 240 Miles away [I won] stimcity 8 6,947 09-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Last Post: nilbo