Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my ex took the kids away and vanished
Hi there,

I need a litte bit of advise what to do.
To cut long story short. My ex (who is protected by restraining order) removed my kids from their respective schools, and moved out from our town out of the blue.
Noone knows where. I suspect she went to her most recent boyfriend. What can I do to find out where my kids are staying and with whom?
shall I report it to Social Services? 
I was about to file for Child arrangment Order but now I dont even know where she is staying.
I cannot afford any legal advice hence me seeking help here.

Kind regards

Michal
(01-08-2020, 08:59 PM)mucha79 Wrote: Hi there,

I need a litte bit of advise what to do.
To cut long story short. My ex (who is protected by restraining order) removed my kids from their respective schools, and moved out from our town out of the blue.
Noone knows where. I suspect she went to her most recent boyfriend. What can I do to find out where my kids are staying and with whom?
shall I report it to Social Services? 
I was about to file for Child arrangment Order but now I dont even know where she is staying.
I cannot afford any legal advice hence me seeking help here.

Kind regards

Michal

You have no legal right to know where the child is living, or who with.

However, the fact that you do not know where the child is located means you do not have to go to Mediation to apply for Contact.

There is a "Whereabouts not known" form you need to file with a C100, and your ex will be located by the Court. I Judge will make an order requiring DWP, NNS, Police, DVLA and every local Council to disclose any address they can match her to.

Once located, she can eiither,

a, refuse address disclosure, meaning you just file case papers to court, but she can have the case moved to her local Court as it goes off where the child is located

b, have the case moved to her local court and share her new address with you

c, the case can remain at your local court, without her address being disclosed.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I think I would be inclined to report it to social services. Has she made any allegations against you? You have to be careful in case they think you're an abuser and she has fled for safety or something.

If you want to find out where she is, I have used a tracing agent before and had an address the next day. Cost £75. If you don't need it next day and can wait a few days it costs about half that. They have access to many records - bank, tenancy etc and so know where her registered address will be.

I used this one. They don't charge if they don't find a new address. Give as much detail as you can on the form. eg any previous addresses or surnames she's had.

http://www.mcatracing.co.uk/tracing-agents.htm