Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus and ex's
Just thought I'd start a thread on this as in the background to our situations there is this virus going on.  Some people I know of have also had ex situations relating to it.  Either ex's using it as a reason to stop children coming or to send them to you more.

So this could be a kind of support thread - plus we all need to take care during this time.
Thank Charlie.

I'm dreading any school shut down as it will mean that I have to pick up kids from her home. In the past she has deliberately engineered it so that when I would pick them up from her home, she'd be having them do their favourite activities so that they would reluctantly come and associate me with being a mean father. I vowed to never be in that situation again.

I never thought in my life that my worry over a pandemic would be about the impact of my children's relationship with me!

Good luck dads.
I know. I'm the opposite - I wish they would shut them down. Because my ex would love to infect me! Our lives are not like the real world. I have to pick up from her house anyway these days.

I'd say just ride it out - if you see less of them for a while, just see it as best protection for everyone for a while. If they're off school there is no reason to stop them coming to see you on the usual days as long as they're well. If they're at school ex's can say there is risk of infection blah blah.
I was at court last week as the ex wanted a variation of a 50:50 CAO.

Her application was unsuccessful, but a new clause relating to COVID-19 was added:

"Upon the parents agreeing that should xxx's school be shut during school term time due to the Coronavirus disease, the parents agree that there should be a week-on, week-off arrangement sharing xxx's care equally"
I have a final hearing next week going for a small change to the current order which will give me 50:50. I have heard that the courts would not want to stop all hearings given the backlog faced could be of 3-4 months of cases. Alternatives such as video conferences etc... are going to be offered as workarounds if the courts do close.
Cheers that is helpful. It would take a court order to change anything here as my ex wouldn’t agree to anything reasonable. I would prefer week on week off while schools are open actually - at least then I could keep him off school on my week if I thought it needed doing.
As suspected ex is in denial over it all. Says everyone is overreacting and son is a bit stressed as well saying everyone is telling him to wash his hands all the time and we’re all over reacting. So I know where that has come from. Slightly concerning bad ex is just carrying on as if nothing is going on. Just told son that the government doesn’t want too many people to get sick at once or the health service will be overloaded so we’ve all been advised to wash hands and it is just once when he gets here or when he gets to school or leaves school,
(03-16-2020, 08:01 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: As suspected ex is in denial over it all. Says everyone is overreacting and son is a bit stressed as well saying everyone is telling him to wash his hands all the time and we’re all over reacting. So I know where that has come from. Slightly concerning bad ex is just carrying on as if nothing is going on.  Just told son that the government doesn’t want too many people to get sick at once or the health service will be overloaded so we’ve all been advised to wash hands and it is just once when he gets here or when he gets to school or leaves school,

Overreacting???
Does your ex follow the news?
It’s what I expected. It’s the way she is. Everybody else is wrong and she is right. Of course it may just have been to wind me up knowing I am paranoid at the best of tones but I doubt she is taking precautions - not her style. She’s probably trying to find the best holiday deal. So although I wish they would close the schools do my kid doesn’t infect me - it could happen anyway if his Mother is not being careful.

There actually are some ignorant people out there who ignore everything, don’t read the papers or watch the news and think it’s nothing to do with them.

On another note - hard getting food at the mo!
My ex is saying I can't have the kids because she's self isolating. I had them Sunday and one was sent home ill on Monday so I've been told to self isolate too. I'm meant to have them today but she's refusing. I think this is a breach of our court order as we're both self isolating for the same reason and I live 2 minutes away from them so they'd only have to travel in a car with me for that time, which doesn't put them at any extra risk.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coronavirus government guidance Albion 0 467 03-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Albion