Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general opinion
in a nutshell child lives with me court order says contact twice a week Supervised by family member
Tuesday after school till 6pm 
alternative days weekends 9:30 till 4:00
with current covid-19 i have set up video calls before announcement of lockdown

as off 22nd it was my decision to contact mum and suggest the video calls after ending up blocking her still provided calls Mon wed Thurs sat it was child's choice not to call Friday as child said just every other day would do (no interest)there is a contact order in place 2 times a week mum has said she self isolating has not said why had family harassing me when i been home schooling never the less she has had contact via video and now she emailing saying i am obstructing this even though it was my idea and i am butting in never in the room apart from when child asked me to do something as if i ain't got enough on she now threatening to come see child and break the barrier i have set within my home from everyone she wants everyday which child does not she is asking questions instead of been positive and told child Easter is cancelled,there is no further involvement from any services

now am getting emails daily are you letting child ring me ( i dont stop her in actual fact i am feeling guilty for getting on to her about ringing mum)
today for example i asked child are you gonna ring mum before dinner time NO DONT WANT TO MAYBE LATER
NOW its gone from every other day to daily hey i dont say no i put no limit of times spent 
i find it very strange telling a child easter is cancelled now counting the sleeps to easter then telling child i will keep what i have for you until this over
wtf how about ya think outside the box put some bunny ears on and drop something off for her am i giving her to much its sort of interfering with daily things
i wouldnt mind but child has no interest ,it was painfull to watch her ignore mum whilst on video call watching tv which i have said to child is not nice and rude
sorry for slight rant guys
Hi. Yeah it’s tricky. I’m the other way round and only getting calls with son during COVID 19. I get worried when he either doesn’t answer or seems to be doing something else at the same time but found it best if it isn’t planned and I just call and catch him. If you ask a kid if they want to ring someone they usually say no! But if your ex just called twice a week and it’s more spontaneous then it might work better. Trouble with calls it’s what to say. You could suggest to ex that she calls twice a week and has some kind of thing to talk about when she calls - eg a new Netflix programme or a quiz or something. Like a question and answer game.
(04-09-2020, 12:02 AM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Hi. Yeah it’s tricky. I’m the other way round and only getting calls with son during COVID 19. I get worried when he either doesn’t answer or seems to be doing something else at the same time but found it best if it isn’t planned and I just call and catch him. If you ask a kid if they want to ring someone they usually say no! But if your ex just called twice a week and it’s more spontaneous then it might work better. Trouble with calls it’s what to say.  You could suggest to ex that she calls twice a week and has some kind of thing to talk about when she calls - eg a new Netflix programme or a quiz or something. Like a question and answer game.
things came to a head last night i have never responded to any emails child rings whenever they want however 4 emails in space of an hour 2 before one after first call second after second call 
Are you going to let child call me today 7pm

Do you have any reason why I havent had a call from child today and only 5 mins yesterday I mean surely child not too busy on lockdown 8pm 

Dont even think that is going to wash with me your asking child all day if child wants to ring me and child says no most  probably frightened of upsetting you the way you go on because she  is scared of you I heard you shouting at child the other day I also seen the fear on childs face if you have anything to say you have my number try talking like parents but then again you need to grow up first 10:30pm
When i text you let abbie call back just to say it was your idea that she calls me then disconnect our call your proving what you are like 

The simple fact I have to email you aswell as text proves theres something wrong with you try to get over your controlling attitude and dont scare my child if you have anything to say about me speaking to child dont try to say it in the background with your sarcastic comments when I'm speaking to child try growing up and act like a parent I will just email this one thanks 

i responded this morning setting out times 15 mins daily morning then we can plan our day
changing to evening when home schooling recommences 

agian barrage back its really mentaly draining a bit now all of this is my idea she had unlimited times but i cant force child into something

its not creating a very good environment this is not routine for us

she has an alcohol problem i suspect at that time she had a drink
You cant force your child to do anything but it certainly dont look like you are encouraging any form of contact either.
Its not a nice time and your ex partner probably very anxious . Put yourself in her shoes and put your differences to 1 side and think how you may react. Nows the time to show empathy whilst this lockdown is in progress.

This isnt me criticising you but an outside point of view
(04-09-2020, 03:02 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: You cant force your child to do anything but it certainly dont look like you are encouraging any form of contact either.
Its not a nice time and your ex partner probably very anxious . Put yourself in her shoes and put your differences to 1 side and think how you may react. Nows the time to show empathy whilst this lockdown is in progress.

This isnt me criticising you but an outside point of view

am very positive when it regards her contact i encourage this it was my idea for the video calls even took her stuff down which child had made and left it at door step

i tell child not to be rude and ignore mum etc make stuff etc 
at one point i had to stay in hospital and asked for child to stay with gran till morning next day she ignored calls texts etc 
never the less i have always promoted a bond between them her saying stuff above is pure nonesense

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinion's Wanted Please advisewanted 3 2,630 01-23-2018, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Charlielovesyou