Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMS Covid 19 Contact Changes
Hi all,

I raised the issue with my MP, who wrote to CMS, regarding situations where contact arrangements are affected due to Covid 19.
Here is a responce. Note I have removed the names, but it is from a very senior member of staff,

Thank you for e mail of 19 March 2020, in which you detail concerns raised by Mr Mark Rxxxxxxx regarding how the Child Maintenance Service deal with cases in circumstances affected by the coronavirus outbreak. This has been passed to me as Senior Resolution Leader for reply.
You have asked for clarification on how the Child Maintenance Service will deal with cases where paying parents are not being allowed contact with their children in accordance with existing Child Arrangement Court Orders due to reasons of self-isolation during the current Coronavirus public health crisis. You are specifically concerned that paying parents’ child maintenance liabilities are not increased as a result of their temporary inability to provide shared overnight care for their children in the current circumstances. I have looked into this matter and can provide information on the issue raised.
The Government recognises that the circumstances of many separated parents is being impacted by the COVID-19 public health emergency. We are aware there may be consequences for separated parents, but I want to assure you that the Child Maintenance Service is committed to ensuring no one loses out in the long term.
If care arrangements between parents have changed temporarily due to coronavirus we will not make any changes to the amount of child maintenance paying parents are required to pay. This is because the change in care arrangements is temporary. Parents are being asked to tell us if the change in care arrangements continue into a longer-term arrangement. In these circumstances we will consider whether a review of child maintenance is appropriate.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
well done for this. What an incredibly polite response . Amazing how they bow and scrape when replying to an MP. Wonder if the senoir resoluntion leader has 2 in trays on his desk.
These specific circumstances dont allow to me , but i dream of getting any reply from CMS
well done mark