Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex's solicitor submitted false statement and falsified evidence
When I asked the court to vary the final child contact order, my ex's solicitor submitted false statements and falsified evidence in their statement to the court. During lockdown, the sheriff made a ruling based solely on written statements, and I was unable to bring it to the court's attention. After lockdown, the case is going to proceed to proof. Is it a criminal or civil offence what this solicitor has committed? What can I do to seek justice on this solicitor?
Its not a criminal or civil offence what solicitor has done. There is nothing you can do as a lot of solicitors behave like this on a daily basis. What you will probably find is solicitor is only doing what is instructed by her client and then some will do anything they can underhand to achieve results for client. not all solicitors are like this and some do focus on achieving best outcome for children involved.
Awkward solicitor, fabricated claims....this is the world of the Family Court system. Just keep your wits when engaging with her solicitor and only do so when absolutely necessary. Use your position statement at your next hearing to address the inaccuracies.
(05-18-2020, 04:42 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Its not a criminal or civil offence what solicitor has done. There is nothing you can do as a lot of solicitors behave like this on a daily basis.  What you will probably find is solicitor is only doing what is instructed by her client and then some will do anything they can underhand to achieve results for client. not all solicitors are like this and some do focus on achieving best outcome for children involved.

Unfortunately this solicitor has made it personal from the very beginning.

(05-18-2020, 08:26 PM)Leader1978 Wrote: Awkward solicitor, fabricated claims....this is the world of the Family Court system.  Just keep your wits when engaging with her solicitor and only do so when absolutely necessary.  Use your position statement at your next hearing to address the inaccuracies.

Thanks mate. This solicitor is rotten to the core
My ex's barrister was a handful. One of her tricks was to allow the ex to bring her friend to court and sit in a side room all day whilst the hearing was ongoing, reporting back to her after each time we went into the court room. The ex's friend of course giving me dirty looks throughout (what a child). I didn't like the way she spoke to me either, or the way the brief took instruction whilst she was stood talking to the judge.

For me, it was simple, attending court and being briefed on family matters (sitting in whilst the Respondent is giving instructions) is a breach of Family Procedure Rules. And there are professional rules of how barristers conduct themselves when dealing with the other side. I wrote to my ex's solicitor informing her of that fact and I that I would complain to the relevant professional body and I've not seen her friend, the brief (some else attended) or indeed the ex (not brave enough on her own, clearly, ) since. If the circumstances presents themselves, complain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on Position Statement submitted andynumpty 5 2,346 08-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Astroman
  court hearing soon- position paper submitted ruxpin2512 5 5,448 02-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Last Post: ruxpin2512