Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C79 application problems
I'm attempting to fill in section 7a ie reason for application on my laptop and it's just not functioning.  I can only add a limited amount of words, spacebar doesn't work if you backspace, cut and paste doesn't work ie you can cut but can't paste.    Am I missing something or is it just a badly designed form?

Worse on my smartphone.
That's the summary section. It will only allow a limited number of words. Will it accept "Please see attached sheet". Just type that and nothing else and write your summary in word, then print it out and attach it behind the page with 7a on. That's what I do with applications. The only thing is you need to put your name at the top of the page and also "C79 Application by Father" at the top of the page. I also transfer across the statement of truth wording to the bottom of the separate page and sign and date it.
(09-17-2020, 09:44 AM)Charlie7000 Wrote: That's the summary section.  It will only allow a limited number of words.  Will it accept "Please see attached sheet".  Just type that and nothing else and write your summary in word, then print it out and attach it behind the page with 7a on. That's what I do with applications.  The only thing is you need to put your name at the top of the page and also "C79 Application by Father" at the top of the page. I also transfer across the statement of truth wording to the bottom of the separate page and sign and date it.

Thanks.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've just saved it to my desktop after 3rd attempt to complete and everything added has disappeared. Just attempted again with a test copy and again it only saves a blank copy. This is not right.
I remember it was fiddly saving and kept asking if you wanted to save it as a new file or something. Might be something to do with whether you have the option to edit PDF’s or not. I think I needed to sign up with adobe to do it. Either that or you need to change the file name each time you save it - eg v1 v2 v3 on the end etc or it just keeps the original saved one which is blank. Maybe?

Try save as each time instead of save.

If it’s a windows pc you could opt to print instead of save, by printing to Microsoft pdf which is a virtual printer so it “prints” a copy on your pc rather than on paper. That might not help though as that copy then can’t be edited.