Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally - A Good Outcome
As all you know, I have been through the Court Process once, and I got kinda what I wanted, but I also let the mother get more of what  she wanted - and in the end I felt I got screwed over badly.

I decided during the first tranche of Lockdown that I wanted to see Stampy more, she is growing and she needs her dad more in her life - even if I  am so far away, so I filed for a second round of court in July of this year.

We started doing a lot of talking, including conference calls which we both recorded and we started thrashing out more details.

Today we finally reached an agreement, and it will be lodged with the Court tomorrow.

I get unsupervised
I get more days
I get special times (Christmas/New Year/Easter/Etc)
I get alternate birthdays
I get Holidays
I get overnights in time
I get extra days
I also get extra days which I didn't ask for

Its been nearly 4 years since I started all this process -  this would be my second court appearance, but we have managed to get there - and you guys can too.

Ironically during this process myself and my ex have finally managed to bury the hatchet and we are frenemies - I  doubt we would ever be friends, but theres a level of understanding and we don't hate each other as much as we did.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(11-17-2020, 03:04 PM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: As all you know, I have been through the Court Process once, and I got kinda what I wanted, but I also let the mother get more of what  she wanted - and in the end I felt I got screwed over badly.

I decided during the first tranche of Lockdown that I wanted to see Stampy more, she is growing and she needs her dad more in her life - even if I  am so far away, so I filed for a second round of court in July of this year.

We started doing a lot of talking, including conference calls which we both recorded and we started thrashing out more details.

Today we finally reached an agreement, and it will be lodged with the Court tomorrow.

I get unsupervised
I get more days
I get special times (Christmas/New Year/Easter/Etc)
I get alternate birthdays
I get Holidays
I get overnights in time
I get extra days
I also get extra days which I didn't ask for

Its been nearly 4 years since I started all this process -  this would be my second court appearance, but we have managed to get there - and you guys can too.

Ironically during this process myself and my ex have finally managed to bury the hatchet and we are frenemies - I  doubt we would ever be friends, but theres a level of understanding and we don't hate each other as much as we did.

good on ya mate. consider yourself lucky!
Well done mate! Happy for you

Frenemies is fine. Anything that spares you the misery of court/disagreements and supports a loving father-daughter relationship is great!
(11-17-2020, 05:23 PM)Tigre Wrote: Well done mate! Happy for you

Frenemies is fine. Anything that spares you the misery of court/disagreements and supports a loving father-daughter relationship is great!

How is your situation. has investigation been concluded now!
great to hear a positive story, only shows time is a healer. But also consider you are one in a million ! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally light in the tunnel pazzer1973 7 5,259 10-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: pazzer1973
  Finally got the courage to post Rob74 46 36,173 04-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: GC1974
Question It's Finally Happened Paisley1 3 5,439 07-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Last Post: johnwtaylor1980