Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seeing kids at xmas
Well I'm gutted ? wouldn't let see my kids over Xmas said there self isolating, how true not sure, but gave her benefit of the doubt. Ended Sunday so about to make 2 to 3 hour journey to see them. She said you not have them were in tier 4. I'm in tier 3. I said by law legally I can it posted all over law and government websites. Plus I seen a solicitor have a court order. She then says if I call to get them she call police. I know she would as call 999 on me before for no reason as apparently it threatening behaviour going up to see the kids. So I just been on the phone to local police, they told me I need to speak to a solicitor and go back to family court and not to turn up. As if she does contact the police I could get arrested for breach of peace. So looks I'm stuck over a barrel I've even got a negative result for covid too just prove a point. So that my Xmas ruined now. I don't see what else I can do now. Everything was going fine recently, till they got put in tier 4!
From what you wrote above your ex has never self isolated or had any symptoms. Its a simple case as usual as a mum refusing father to see his kids over xmas with COVID a convenient excuse. Your in tier 3 anyway so that would place you in an even better position as shes in tier 4. Shes well aware you are meant to have your kids as per court order and threatening to ring the police on you is disgusting. Unfortuantaly if u attempt to collect them u probs wont get arrested but highly likely not to get kids as she knows she can refuse . I would enforce the order
Also children from separated parents are exempt from any tier restrictions - they can travel.
honestly no point in contacting police for advice. when dads contact police, its a civil matter and they arent going near it. Its only when females call police then its a police matter.
enforce the order = court, is the only option and of course bring up the above details
(12-28-2020, 11:52 AM)civic4 Wrote: Well I'm gutted ? wouldn't let see my kids over Xmas said there self isolating, how true not sure, but gave her benefit of the doubt.  Ended Sunday so about to make 2 to 3 hour journey to see them.  She said you not have them were in tier 4. I'm in tier 3.  I said by law legally I can it posted all over law and government websites.  Plus I seen a solicitor have a court order.  She then says if I call to get them she call police.  I know she would as call 999 on me before for no reason as apparently it threatening behaviour going up to see the kids.  So I just been on the phone to local police, they told me I need to speak to a solicitor and go back to family court and not to turn up.  As if she does contact the police I could get arrested for breach of peace.  So looks I'm stuck over a barrel I've even got a negative result for covid too just prove a point.  So that my Xmas ruined now.  I don't see what else I can do now.  Everything was going fine recently, till they got put in tier 4!

Regardless of Tier Groups, there is provision in Covid 19 Rules for movement of Children where parents are seperated.
However, if your in Scotland, Wales or Ireland, get your own legal advice, as my knowage is limited to England Rules.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xmas is over Agentgraves 81 60,000 01-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Xmas Nightmare ! R2D2 2 3,353 12-31-2018, 07:45 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Need to see my boy over Xmas R2D2 14 13,176 12-20-2018, 07:03 PM
  is anybody else dreading xmas alone avadad 15 14,465 12-15-2018, 11:30 PM
  Xmas time.... mcscoobs 3 6,453 08-24-2016, 02:13 AM
Last Post: MarkR