Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child brainwashing
My 12 year old son message tonight at 9pm saying he wants to stay with his mum tomorrow and watch the England game with his cousins and her. I'm a massive footy fan so was so looking forward to watching the game with him.
Court order says he is with me Wednesdays
His message may as well have been written by her as its completely in her words and style, not his.

If this had been discussed in good time it may have been possible, but she has ensured he sent the message just before bed and will no doubt ensure that he doesn't have his books etc for Thursday so has to get the bus back to hers after school.
I really don't need know how to handle this one. I don't want to push him away but at the same time he is old enough to understand that these things need a conversation in good time not a message that I don't even have time to reply to before bed.
Any advice?
(07-06-2021, 08:29 PM)aj2016 Wrote: My 12 year old son message tonight at 9pm saying he wants to stay with his mum tomorrow and watch the England game with his cousins and her. I'm a massive footy fan so was so looking forward to watching the game with him.
Court order says he is with me Wednesdays
His message may as well have been written by her as its completely in her words and style, not his.

If this had been discussed in good time it may have been possible, but she has ensured he sent the message just before bed and will no doubt ensure that he doesn't have his books etc for Thursday so has to get the bus back to hers after school.
I really don't need know how to handle this one. I don't want to push him away but at the same time he is old enough to understand that these things need a conversation in good time not a message that I don't even have time to reply to before bed.
Any advice?

I would pick your son up as normal from school and enjoy the england game. You cant just send a text late at night cancelling your contact without even offering an alternative day. sounds like mum has done it to cause disruption
Yeah exactly, this isn't me being paranoid, but based on history I know this is calculated and message sent then so I cannot reply.
Problem is another parent usually picks him up and I collect from there house, I guess I could get him instead tho.
But she'll have made it so that he is prepped to get the bus back to her house instead, so he won't have the books etc he usually packs to bring to mine for the next day.
Anyway thanks for replying

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brainwashing children sandman 8 9,066 01-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000