Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMS not being spent on kids
Hi Guys,
(soon to be) ex wife taking the rise with my CMS payments.
I give her £450 per month, both my sons' school PE trainers are shocking, no treads on them and holes in the front!
They are wearing the same clothes they had when she asked me to leave.....Which are bobbly and faded.
Basically, she uses my CMS payments to pay for her Audi on PCP.

She has her new bloke at my house....I pay all the mortgage, plus a £370 per month loan on a kitchen/diner I had built.

Basically, I get paid on the 25th and once the CMS/Mortgage and house improvement loan goes out I am overdrawn within the first week.

Flagged CMS about how much I am shelling out in the hope that they can do something about the figure, but I am just as concerned about how she is using literally none of it towards my sons upkeep!

Not sure where to turn.  I bought them some new shirts and my parents bought them new shoes as they felt sorry for them.
Have mentioned it to her but surprise, surprise she isn't interested!
hi bud
CMS do not give a monkeys. they work out your payments based on your previous years financial earnings. so you may have had a fantastic year last year with bonuses etc and this year struggling for example but they base it on previous year its that simple for them. even if you have debts and cannot afford your mortgage its a "tough shiz" approach when it comes to them. i was paying my ex £400pm! now im fortunate enough to have 50% shared custody so i dont pay her a penny. whats the arrangement with your children how often do you get them?
(07-08-2021, 03:25 PM)gurmukh1985 Wrote: hi bud
CMS do not give a monkeys.  they work out your payments based on your previous years financial earnings.  so you may have had a fantastic year last year with bonuses etc and this year struggling for example but they base it on previous year its that simple for them.  even if you have debts and cannot afford your mortgage its a "tough shiz" approach when it comes to them.  i was paying my ex £400pm! now im fortunate enough to have 50% shared custody so i dont pay her a penny.  whats the arrangement with your children how often do you get them?

Thanks for coming back mate.
Seems so unfair - I don't begrudge giving all I have to my sons, but when they are literally wearing raggedy old trainers and clothes and she is eating out with her boyfriend and driving around in an Audi Q5, makes my blood boil!

I am at my folks presently - all my salary literally goes on the mortgage, CMS and the loan I have for the home improvements.  I only have them 2 nights per week.  Weds from school and overnight and Saturday from 9am to overnight.  My parents are pensioners and find it hard going with everyone at the house.

Trying to push for the house to be sold so I can get a place with my sons and have them far more.