Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic Abuse - Important Law Changes
There is some hope for those going through Parental Alienation.

The new Domestic Abuse Law is to include what happens post-separation. This could include Parental Alienation as it is a Coercive and Controlling behavior that happens post-separation.

It could help a lot if people contact their local MP to support including 'Parental Alienation' in the 'Domestic Abuse Bill' as a 'Coercive and Controlling behavior'.
That's interesting to know, thanks for that information. I was actually thinking about contacting my local MP about my situation (as you have replied to my previous post that you are aware of) but now that you have mentioned about Parental Alienation then that spurs me on to do it. There is a lot in the news now about Parental Alienation, especially after the recent Channel 4 Dispatches programmes 'Torn Apart - Family courts uncovered'. It's definitely worth watching on catch up.
The Domestic Abuse Bill was passed into law on April 29th includes:

extending the controlling or coercive behaviour offence to cover post-separation abuse
explicitly recognise children as victims if they see, hear or experience the effects of  abuse 

However, as I understand it the 'statutory guidance' has to be agreed and as to when it comes into force etc. so writing to a local MP to ask for Parental Alienation to be included in the statutory guidance for the Domestic Abuse Bill could help a lot.
We have until Sept 14th to say we want Parental Alienation to be included in the Domestic Abuse bill: Every person who gives their view will help to make it happen:

Here is the link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultati...y-guidance
(08-14-2021, 03:03 PM)DevotedDadToo Wrote: We have until Sept 14th to say we want Parental Alienation to be included in the Domestic Abuse bill: Every person who gives their view will help to make it happen:

Here is the link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultati...y-guidance

Thank you all fo rthe information on this thread. 

I have just founf the Channel 4 programme and shall I watch forst thing.

This is very important and I am suffering this Parental and Family allienation right now.

But what should we write on the petition. should our personal cases being explained?

thanks again 
regards

ps- Just watched the report in channel 4. ...Heartbreaking but true.