Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last hopes.... on the brink of losing my beautiful daughetr
Hi,

I'm new here having just joined but already i feel at least people here can i know understand the hurt that i'm feeling and so much worse.

I'm on the brink of losing my daughter - my "relationship" with my girlfriend (not married) has been non existent for a long time now going back a year.

Things have came to a head recently with her now wanting to leave and go back to her original country (Thailand) which would mean taking our 2 year old daughter with her. I'm absolutely devastsed by the iminent lose of my beautiful little daughter who makes me smile everyday.

We have been together 5 years - but alot of that was long distance since we met when i spent 6 months in Thailand. I moved to Prague for work and she would come stay for 3 month periods every 6 months due to the visa requirements. Things were OK, pretty good if not a perfect relationship, she got pregnant, we had a baby over in thailand. After getting the visa's they came to stay with me in Prague and we applied for residency.

Along the way we have lost feelings for each other, sex life is non existent and we are onlt together because of our daughter i know that. But i cant face losing her by accepting separation and worry about the life she will have if taken back to Thailand. I hate the way mothers there just dump kids on their grandparents whilst they go off to work somewhere. Our relationship looks like its the Titanic and the iceberg has been hit but there must be some way to try to stop everyone going down with the ship.

I cant sleep at night thinking about not seeing my daughters face or hugging her. I never new true love until she was born and i adore her and want to protect her and be there always.

Im origianlly from the UK, my girlfriend is Thai (so too my daughter by birth and i'm applying for her British passport now) and we live Europe (Prague). What an absolute nightmare trying to understand any legal routes open to me which i doubt would end well as it seems dads get the shaft always even when i can offer better financial and eduction opportunities that her mother ever could).

i dont really know what i'm saying here - i suppose its just an SOS for anything anything anything i can do to try to salvage this or in worst case try to get a jump on trying to secure my daughter from what looks like an inevtiable situation where she will get taken to the other side of the world where i will never be able to see her.

Even 1 day away from her is difficult now - i dont know how i can face this.

Sorry for long and unfocused post. Maybe some people are in a similar situation or can give me some reality check advice.

I have not shared this with anyone - the shame of a broken relationship and distance from family in the UK mean i'm trying to deal with this alone and i dont know what i can do.

thanks for reading - any advice or anything is appreciated. At least we are all not alone. Cheers.
(10-03-2016, 11:29 PM)Richard Wrote: Hi,

I'm new here having just joined but already i feel at least people here can i know understand the hurt that i'm feeling and so much worse.

I'm on the brink of losing my daughter - my "relationship" with my girlfriend (not married) has been non existent for a long time now going back a year.

Things have came to a head recently with her now wanting to leave and go back to her original country (Thailand) which would mean taking our 2 year old daughter with her. I'm absolutely devastsed by the iminent lose of my beautiful little daughter who makes me smile everyday.

We have been together 5 years - but alot of that was long distance since we met when i spent 6 months in Thailand. I moved to Prague for work and she would come stay for 3 month periods every 6 months due to the visa requirements. Things were OK, pretty good if not a perfect relationship, she got pregnant, we had a baby over in thailand. After getting the visa's they came to stay with me in Prague and we applied for residency.

Along the way we have lost feelings for each other, sex life is non existent and we are onlt together because of our daughter i know that. But i cant face losing her by accepting separation and worry about the life she will have if taken back to Thailand. I hate the way mothers there just dump kids on their grandparents whilst they go off to work somewhere. Our relationship looks like its the Titanic and the iceberg has been hit but there must be some way to try to stop everyone going down with the ship.

I cant sleep at night thinking about not seeing my daughters face or hugging her. I never new true love until she was born and i adore her and want to protect her and be there always.

Im origianlly from the UK, my girlfriend is Thai (so too my daughter by birth and i'm applying for her British passport now) and we live Europe (Prague). What an absolute nightmare trying to understand any legal routes open to me which i doubt would end well as it seems dads get the shaft always even when i can offer better financial and eduction opportunities that her mother ever could).

i dont really know what i'm saying here - i suppose its just an SOS for anything anything anything i can do to try to salvage this or in worst case try to get a jump on trying to secure my daughter from what looks like an inevtiable situation where she will get taken to the other side of the world where i will never be able to see her.

Even 1 day away from her is difficult now - i dont know how i can face this.

Sorry for long and unfocused post. Maybe some people are in a similar situation or can give me some reality check advice.

I have not shared this with anyone - the shame of a broken relationship and distance from family in the UK mean i'm trying to deal with this alone and i dont know what i can do.

thanks for reading - any advice or anything is appreciated. At least we are all not alone. Cheers.

You are going to need a Solicitor who knows the law in Prague and Thailand, as that might be considered the valid authority on the case.

We are UK based, but to give you an idea, check local laws on removing a Child out of the Country you are in (or the Jurisdiction of a local Family Court).

In the UK, you need consent from everyone with PR to take a Child out of the UK, except on the case of a Resident Parent, (made by Court Order), who has the right to take a Child for holidays, not lasting over 28 days at a time, and not during contact time unless by agreement.

There might be something along the lines of out Prohibited Steps Order you can take out in Prague, but normally this is only allowed while a Child Arrangements Application is in progress at first, but if a Court does not allow local contact, it gets dropped
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
PM'd you - please check - i can hopefully help with at least one of your problems :-) and buy you a pivo if not?
Thank you very much for the reply LTCDAD - much appreciated and good sound advice.

Your right about the solicitor, i need to move on that quickly as i fear she intends to leave with my daughter within the next 1-2 weeks!.

I got your PM so maybe you can point me in the right direction there. 

PM returned back to you.

Thanks again, good man.

R

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mother Losing Temper and Kids Resentment boyce57 2 1,466 10-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Last Post: boyce57