Home > Legal > Which Court Form Do I Need?

Which Court Form Do I Need?

By: Louise Smith, barrister - Updated: 4 Apr 2021 | comments*Discuss
Court Form Children Father Contact

Deciding which court form is needed can be confusing. The courts have wide powers regarding the types of orders that can be made in relation to children and families. There are different court forms which may be needed depending on the type of order that the applicant wants the court to make.

Below are some common scenarios and the type of court forms which may be used.

My Ex-Wife Will Not Let Me See My Children

If children live with one parent and the other parent is not happy with the amount of time that they get to spend with the children that parent may want to apply to the court for a Contact Order. It is always best to try to reach an agreement without having to go to court but, if that is not possible, an application can be made to the court. To apply to the court for a Contact Order form C100 should be used.

I Have a Contact Order but My Ex-Partner is Not Complying with It

If the court has already granted a Contact Order but one of the parents is not complying with it the other parent may apply to the court for an Enforcement Order and / or for an order that the person who has breached the Contact Order provides financial compensation to the other parent. Under an Enforcement Order the parent who has breached the Contact Order may be ordered to carry out unpaid work. Financial compensation may be appropriate if one parent lost or wasted money because the Contact Order was breached. Form C79 should be used when applying for an Enforcement Order or for financial compensation.

I Need a Warning Notice to be Attached to My Contact Order

The courts can only grant an Enforcement Order, or order financial compensation, in respect of a Contact Order if the Contact Order contains a warning notice. This notice tells all parties to the Contact Order what might happen if they do not comply with it. Since 8th December 2008 all Contact Orders have a warning notice attached automatically. If a person wants to apply for an Enforcement Order in respect of a Contact Order made before 8th December 2008 they must first apply to the court for a warning notice to be attached to it – this is done using Form C78.

My Ex-Wife Got an Enforcement Order Against Me and I Want the Court to Cancel It

A person who has had an Enforcement Order made against them may ask the court to cancel it or set it aside if they think it is no longer necessary for it to be in force. To ask the court to cancel or discharge an Enforcement Order form C79 should be used. This form can also be used to ask the court to change the terms of an existing Enforcement Order.

My Ex-Partner has been Abusing or Harming My Children

If specific allegations are made that a family member has been abusing or harming a child or children it may be necessary to complete form C1A.

I Want My Children to Come and Live With Me

It is still common for children to live with their mother when their parents' relationship breaks down. However, there is no law which says that this is what must happen. If a parent wants the court to make an order that the children should live with them they can use form C100 to apply for a Residence Order.

I Want to Apply to Have Parental Responsibility for My Children

Fathers do not automatically have Parental Responsibility for their children. They may not have it if, for example, they were not married to the child's mother when it was born. If the father and mother reach an agreement that the father should have Parental Responsibility the father can apply for a Parental Responsibility Agreement using form C(PRA1). Step-fathers can apply using form C(PRA2). If it is not possible to reach an agreement about Parental Responsibility an application can be made for a Parental Responsibility Order using form C1.

I'm Worried that My Ex-Wife is Going to Take My Children Abroad

There may be cases where one parent is worried that the other parent is going to do something, which may not be harmful in itself. However, it may be something that impacts on the other parent's relationship with the children. For example, the children's mother may have relatives abroad and the father is worried that the children will be taken abroad to live permanently. The court may be asked to make a Prohibited Steps Order using Form C100. If an order is made the parent will be prevented from carrying out the particular act without first getting the court's permission.

Check out the Separated Dads Forum... It's a great resource where you can ask for advice on topics including Child Access, Maintenance, CAFCASS, Fathers Rights, Court, Behaviour or simply to have a chat with other dads.

You might also like...
Share Your Story, Join the Discussion or Seek Advice..
[Add a Comment]
Hi There, Many like you are facing issues with your respective wives. I havent seen my new born little man who is turning 5 months this month. Our relation became so acrimonious that our little man's name is not yet registered because of differences between us. She wants to give 1 name & didnt even took my into understanding as she comes from different faith & I am from different faith. She didnt even informed me while going to registrar office. I had to get the registration date from local civic office. Now my wife as any women does misutilising the law which is there to protect them. She has asked for Occupation order, Injunction order & Has applied for urgent SIO (Special instruction order) for naming the little man on her own. All this while she has not allowed me to see my son. And just like any other women who plays wrong she wants supervised contact for me with my son. My solcitor has asked for contact request. But no positive response from her or her solicitor. My question is :- How can I get contact with my little man, How can I protect myself against all the threats intimidations of occupation order, injunction orders. I have no other place to go nor have any excess salary to find another accomodation interim. Really challenging times for me. Can some one please help & support. We as a sufferer MEN or Separated Fathers kept away/broken from our kids must act & make a strong BODY against this injustice. Womens have become powerful & we men's have become victims in todays day & age. Its so unequal for we as MEN's
Prv - 4-Apr-21 @ 5:27 PM
Does anyone know the court process for changing a child’s name? It has already been changed via deedpoll but in order to have the new name on passport I need a court order as I have no contact with the father
Mama1 - 28-Jan-21 @ 2:12 PM
The only one with mental health issues is you suzi .
C laurie - 10-Jan-21 @ 8:47 PM
My partner has mental health issues has even been sectioned but has put me through mental abuse /domestic but i want to get custody of my son istill live with her my name is on the birth certificate what are my chances .
marcy marc - 10-Jan-21 @ 5:07 PM
How does a parent with a violent adult child remove maiden name from her adult son which is causing alarm and distress,she feels hes taking her identity without consent. She is on an at risk register as safeguarding this was requested by paramedics when he threatened to stab her and her dog.
At risk - 16-Dec-20 @ 11:17 PM
There was a incident cited against me in May '20, where I deemed to hurt my child.The police officer who attended confirmed there was no injuries and my child has confirmed to social services that I didnt hurt him and there has been no previous incidents.The report filed by social services is bias towards my ex partners version of events, in which she uses very inflammatory language.I have recently called her a bully, now she is refusing all contact with my children.There is no order in place to stop access, but im worried that if I go against her wishes the police will be involved again.I have made an official complaint to Social Services to see why my account of proceedings went taken into account.PLEASE HELP!!!
InNeedOfAdvice - 4-Oct-20 @ 2:47 PM
I'm, REALY almost done, my ex partner has told me that I can't have my 8&9year OLDS anymore unless I get a court order saying that,? I can't afford to pay for anything as I'm on esa and pip, I also suffer from ptsd and I have tried everything I can to see my children, prior to the covid outbreak I was having them every other fortnight and they loved it and, now I can't even speak with them on the phone please can someone help me, I can't cope with it it's heartbreaking and I know that my children are missing me too, please advise me ??
Wayne - 17-Sep-20 @ 4:15 AM
How do I get legal aid. My wife and Iaren’t together she won’t let me see my children. I’m on benifits due to mental health. Device please
Dc - 16-Sep-20 @ 2:17 PM
hi my ex is threatening me me and my new partner have had our bad patches all because my ex really with her own rules and stubbness. Ive lived with my new partner and broke up got back together and due to covid stress and everything i had to get out were not together but still friends she has 2 boys. Went to beach with her and 2 boys with my daugjter now the mum of my daughter has said if she see her or boys again i have to go court to see my daughter. I need help we been mediaiton and she has stopped me seeing my girl 3 times 1 because took my girl on holiday in uk 2nd because i had lorry crash and wasnt wprking so couldnt give her money and 3 for totally diffrent reason. I need help so i dont get threatened my daughter keeps asking to go see the biys because there her freinds and been in her life for 4 years.
todd - 8-Aug-20 @ 5:10 PM
Hello there I don’t know if there is anyone out there that can help me but I don’t own my own property in my daughters home town she is 24 and always have seen her 2 nights a week or 2 nights every other week I even moved in and paid rent to my ex girlfriends new boyfriends house so I could be close to my daughters school. When their relationship finished I had to move out and go back to my parents to look after my Ill dad who I’ve sincelost to the virus, so stopping in hotels always good ones was not a problem now I’m being told by my ex I can’t because of the virus even though the hotel we used has reopened! I’ve not seen my daughter apart from only a walk once a week but is there anything I can do to get my time back ? I’ve always paid (out of court) set money to my ex can anyone advise please? Many thanks Mick
Mick - 21-Jul-20 @ 9:31 AM
Hey! So i born beautiful girl but the father of the baby he don’t the baby because he don’t want to pay support for the baby, he don’t want to give too her surname in birth certificate! What i need to do?
NS - 25-May-20 @ 11:59 PM
Just find out I have son ( 4 years after was born) I try to contact my ex but she block me on Facebook and don’t have her number. I don’t know my son name or were he lives I’m worry she may take him out of the uk because she is from Lituania. How can I find out were he lives or any form of contact
Jos - 24-Feb-20 @ 12:52 AM
@ami.on the off chance she reads this .i would like to say two her stay away from my house seriously.and if I see her or her men anywhere near my house I will fight them on the spot (gods truth ).and If men wants to (test me )just knock on my door (boy).we will see who the (alpha male )is gods truth .the way I see him he must not be to bright to be with her so judging that he is no alpha a real men with self respect would never be with someone like her gods truth .
Larry - 11-Jan-20 @ 9:45 PM
@ami.in my situation I (never wanted to be with the child’s mother) and I have never said to any off her family or my family that she keeps my daughter away from me .i separated from the child’s mother when I was 28 and was not allowed to apply for visitation because off orders and like I said below I didn’t find out that I was sterile to i was 30 and in that time I learnt about all the other guys she was seeing .and the lights come on and I realised that she lied about me been the (bio father and putting me on the birth certificate).i would like to add I am (38 now )and yes I have blocked them because they are nothing to me in reality I don’t a daughter so there is no need for contact and now I am 38 I really couldn’t live the way I did back in my 20s .with someone like her .the only reason I messaged this women was to have her tell me the truth and ask her why she lied and put me on the birth certificate.i know it’s 2020 now and it happens all the time but that kind off stuff can mess with peoples minds like when you think that you have a daughter but in reality I never did .yeah I want nothing to do with any off them gods truth .
Larry - 11-Jan-20 @ 9:34 PM
@ami.in my situation I (never wanted to be with the child’s mother) and I have never said to any off her family or my family that she keeps my daughter away from me .i separated from the child’s mother when I was 28 and was not allowed to apply for visitation because off orders and like I said below I didn’t find out that I was sterile to i was 30 and in that time I learnt about all the other guys she was seeing .and the lights come on and I realised that she lied about me been the (bio father and putting me on the birth certificate).i would like to add I am (38 now )and yes I have blocked them because they are nothing to me in reality I don’t a daughter so there is no need for contact and now I am 38 I really couldn’t live the way I did back in my 20s .with someone like her .the only reason I messaged this women was to have her tell me the truth and ask her why she lied and put me on the birth certificate.i know it’s 2020 now and it happens all the time but that kind off stuff can mess with peoples minds like when you think that you have a daughter but in reality I never did .yeah I want nothing to do with any off them gods truth .
Larry - 11-Jan-20 @ 9:26 PM
My case is completely different,i am a mother been separated since 2012. Used beg my husband to have a relationship with he'schildren because my children loved him so much. I tried all my best just to please my children, he wanted to come back but I refused. "He said that he has nothing to do with Your children". I started to beg him telling him the children has nothing to do with our problems . He never listen, he blocked my number and even my children numbers , now they can't contacted him. On the other hand he keep saying to my family and friends that I'm keeping away from he's children. I don't know what to do.
Ami - 11-Jan-20 @ 8:56 AM
Why are us parents not told about the 60day rule it's sneaky disgusting to use that against someone who don't know it exists partner put self in b&b admits if council never had 1 he'd be home now holing out for the "60" day not on he leats me to belive coming home down everyday we still have relations I don't get pregnant on my own then find he is only doing it for the 60 days how sick are men fraud committed in my details proof not me and to remove children from claim before left now I am aware it on that is evil in my book never would do that to anyone 9yrs together then this is have proof down most days as he lies to his mother thinks getingredients son before Xmas what do I do now before too late
Angry - 25-Nov-19 @ 11:47 PM
@kearon.i showed all my (family )the doctors report about me been born (sterile).so no one will be taking her to court for visitation gods truth .so she need not worry .i think (my mother) took it harder then me so bree is not your( child then )they said I new all along that women was (no good ).yeah I said she was a bit off fun in my early 20s that’s all .all the best to them let’s all move on now .
Larry - 22-Nov-19 @ 10:48 PM
@kearon.so if this women ever tries to hit me (child support) it will never work (gods truth )i will take her to (court then gods truth ).i have (medical proof gods truth lets see if I have mental health issues let’s play )I was born (sterile )she will be laughed out off court .i could even have (her charge )for putting my name on birth certificate.
Larry - 22-Nov-19 @ 10:31 PM
@kearon.they might think I have (mental health issues or committing fraud or like my cousin Timmy) .truth is I was born (sterile) so (I know) the child is not mine .thats why I never went for (rights)I found out about been sterile when I was( 30 ) and that was a (big hit and lights come on )and it explained a lot off things to me .andi play some (games with childs mother) .she played back even to the extent off saying the child was raped why would I care when the child is not mine .yeah it’s sad but it’s not my fight or child what do you want me to do ?.truth is I want my surname removed because it’s (wrong )for the child to be using it call me old fashioned but you are not my child so you should not be carrying my surname gods truth .
Larry - 22-Nov-19 @ 10:08 PM
@kearon.as for the child I will see her again when she is a (adult) and I will get the (DNA test done then gods truth ).just to find out the( truth) because the (gods truth) is I was born (sterile )that is what the (doctor told me gods truth I swear on the bible).its funny how the truthcomes out in the end .its not a big deal in the (modern world we live in ).but yeah how (that women lied to me )and put me on the birth certificate that is so (deceitful )so who is the (bio father) ?.i feel for him two whoever he is .women are like (snakes poisonous blatant lairs ).
Larry - 22-Nov-19 @ 8:20 PM
@kearon.i have never been (married )I was with a women (years ago) who had a son to a previous relationship and she fell pregnant (apparently )the child is mine .i always had my (doubts gods truth )because she was seeing or in a relationship with two other men I know this for a (fact )there could be possibly more (gods truth) .i have never paid child support which under the (circumstances is rightfully so ).i have cut all ties and really don’t want anything to do with any off them (gods truth) .they might think I am bitter when I say this but the gods truth is they couldn’t be more wrong .if she wants a men my (uncle )will take her gods truth he (loves this women gods truth ) I personally don’t no what he sees in her (gods truth ).but this men in all honestly changed his job to match mine took pay cut wow over her I think he is mad .but each to there own .(i know )I can get younger and prettier (gods truth ).
Larry - 22-Nov-19 @ 7:53 PM
My exwife of 6 years(after her having an affair) is now keeping me from talking to our daughters aged 8 and 10. She is also saying that I will not be having them anymore unless unsupervised. She on top of this is threatening to take them back to South Africa. We have an an agreement within a parenting plan from South Africa. She is upset bcos we have recently found out that my fiancé is pregnant. We told the girls(which includes my fiancé's daughter) last weekend. I pay my exwife maintenance for my girls and she wants more. She is harassing me non stop and refuses to let me talk to my daughters as my number is blocked. Please advise what I can do and the most cost effective way on sorting this out. Thanks in advance
Kearon - 22-Nov-19 @ 2:38 PM
@lau.instead off going to (court )for my rights I messaged this women and got put on orders again and sabotage myself( lesson learned).when in a situation like mine leave it to the (solicitors )100 percent .because you will lose against a person like my child’s mother every time.
C.laurie - 9-Nov-19 @ 5:17 PM
@lau.after reading your story ,the mother off my child is more difficult .for one I have never been to jail I am not involved in drug dealing or,any criminal activity I get a police clearance check any day off the week not just for work .but to prove I am law abiding member off society .if I was given the chance to see my daughter I would jump at it .but in (reality) it would have to be done though the (courts )only if I could turn back the clock 10 years and( know what I know now about fathers rights).i would have seen my daughter grow up and had a relationship with her (that’s how it should have been )
C.laurie - 9-Nov-19 @ 4:54 PM
Need some advice me and my ex have been split up for 5 months now just signed the divorce papers I have been wanting to see me kids but she won’t let me is there any possible way to see them quickly I have tried everything trying to come to arrangements with my ex but she won’t let me please help
Will - 9-Nov-19 @ 10:24 AM
My kids father lost supervised contact in court 5years ago because he kept failing to turn up.. leaving my kids there waiting on few occasions. I have full residence order which only tells me to encourage written contact between kids and father. I gave him a chance to have the supervised contact 5years ago but yet again he let them down by not turning up on visits and putting girlfriends first and illegal activity was going on. .so I stopped contact. He later then got put in prison for selling large quantities of cocaine and heroin.. 8years in prison. Nearly at the end of HALF this sentence hes been in an open prison and I've allowed supervised contact. Not sticking to planned days and STILL involved in drug dealing activity.. so now I have backed off a little as hes also asked for unsupervised contact!! I am looking to move abroad as I am half Spanish and want to be with my family.. I have no one here other than few friends and want to start a new life abroad..only trouble is my ex wont agree to it. What are my chances of moving? For the fact the kids dad is STILL a drug dealer and his lifestyle isnt safe for them.. and I can offer them a better life abroad what are my chances of making this happen and what do I need to do??
Lau - 10-Oct-19 @ 11:41 PM
My ex girlfriend and I split and then got pregnant it started fine but now with just two weeks to go I don’t have any contact back from her and worry I’m not going too see my child.
JamesPollock - 24-Sep-19 @ 10:28 PM
I have contact order and parental responsibility with parenting plan from family court with the father...I did ask.for the right to go from UK with the child for over a month or relocate/forgot name of form/ but was not heard at all and thr child arrangement order said mother hasnt applied for any other orders like such. I felt they were rather preferential and did have much action towrds me from social services cafcass and other pointless services and they ate unlawfull with me in assessments which were fabricated and not based on me or my state and behaviourbut nonsense amd blame. I did get thr child ro only live with me and all but am exhausted after the services aftermath. Forms are easy to fill in and easly accesable in family court -didnt see any in county court so must be printed onlineLegal aid was avaliable just prepare for 4 hearings and being blamed..much harsh on single mothers who are in temp council hosuing as if im.guilty it takes 10 years to house and end the welfare problem and their right to work an such families.
Dace - 31-Aug-19 @ 5:28 PM
My son has a son he saw him at birth then the mother goes off and has another child with another man .she says the child is my sons then deining it is his child the child is nearly 4 years old .my son has been unwell for a couple years and all this has made him depressed .my son is not working due to depression what do we do .
Angie - 10-Aug-19 @ 3:29 PM
Share Your Story, Join the Discussion or Seek Advice...
(never shown)
(never shown)
(never shown)
(never shown)
Enter word:
Latest Comments